By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Don Mattricks advise to those with no or insufficient internet access.

brendude13 said:
Euphoria14 said:
Performing my daily run through of Yahoo and came across this. ~4,300 comments already and they are not positive.

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/microsoft-gamers-no-internet-buy-360-172308365.html

That's only a very small hardcore minority though.

One of the people complaining is 60 years old! O_o

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

^actually I was shocked yesterday when one of my friends who is not a gamer AT ALL started a conversation with me about how the new Xbox is going to be bad and what is MS thinking.... This whole thing is blowing up beyond just hardcore guys now.

I didn't watch the video.. I assume that as a MS exec, he answered that people should go out and buy a PS4 instead?

Multimedialover said:
Here's the thing.

5 of the games shown are only possible with cloud processing. So you have to have a connection to enjoy the next generation of ai etc.

If all you want is 360 and ps3 with better graphics get ps4.

Ifnyou want more than pretty graphics get xbox one.

It makes sense that if micosoft want to make a product that caters to take advantage of new tech and it so happens to be using an online connection so be it.

For someone like me who has a great internet connection I am only interested in xbox one.

Forza 5s ai for example is impossible on ps4. Impossible.

I understand that some won't be able to experience that part of the next generation. Unfortunate, but you will within 2 years.

After all its ironic that people are posting about needing an internet connection whilst sharing thismwith us via an internet connection.

Ps4 just isnt as next gen as I was hoping. What happens in 3 years to ps4? When xbox one is doing wonderful things with cloud processing. Internet will be even better and ps4mwill begin to look weak because it only offers visuals.

They really sold you on dat cloud huh?

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

J_Allard said:
I didn't watch the video.. I assume that as a MS exec, he answered that people should go out and buy a PS4 instead?

Nah....he told them to basically just stick with or get a 360 instead....

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network

Before Xbox, Mattrick had served in a variety of leadership positions at EA. It kinda feels like the Xbox brand is being ran like EA right now, don't you guys agree?

How long is Don Mattrick going to keep his job I wonder.

Pristine20 said:
Multimedialover said:
Here's the thing.

5 of the games shown are only possible with cloud processing. So you have to have a connection to enjoy the next generation of ai etc.

If all you want is 360 and ps3 with better graphics get ps4.

Ifnyou want more than pretty graphics get xbox one.

It makes sense that if micosoft want to make a product that caters to take advantage of new tech and it so happens to be using an online connection so be it.

For someone like me who has a great internet connection I am only interested in xbox one.

Forza 5s ai for example is impossible on ps4. Impossible.

I understand that some won't be able to experience that part of the next generation. Unfortunate, but you will within 2 years.

After all its ironic that people are posting about needing an internet connection whilst sharing thismwith us via an internet connection.

Ps4 just isnt as next gen as I was hoping. What happens in 3 years to ps4? When xbox one is doing wonderful things with cloud processing. Internet will be even better and ps4mwill begin to look weak because it only offers visuals.

They really sold you on dat cloud huh?

I am may prefer the PS4 but I am also interested in what Microsoft has to offer.....but yeah....this post stood out forme too. They REALLY did sell him on that cloud. Hopefully it works out the way he is envisioning it because it will be a HUGE step in the future of gaming.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Glad to see all Sony's themed signatures are going for the PS4 then instead :)
I'm pretty sure the majority of them does not have an internet access anyway... oh wait...

As soon as the music at the end played I was thinking of the nostalgia critc. LOL

TheBlackNaruto said:
J_Allard said:

Nah....he told them to basically just stick with or get a 360 instead....

Of course he did, it's the only logical answer.

If someone asked Kaz what system someone should buy if they don't want to pay to play online, is he going to answer WiiU, or is he going to answer PS3? And when he does answer PS3, are all these people with Sony avatars/signatures going to call him arrogant or crap on him like they are doing Mattrick? Not a snowballs chance in hell lol.