By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Don Mattricks advise to those with no or insufficient internet access.

ZOMFG! Sticking to previous versions is a recommendable behaviour that from Windows is spreading to other MS products!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
Multimedialover said:

Gaikai have never offered cloud processing.

More importantly sony themselves have said gaikai can be used in the cloud then describing friends and matchmaking which is entirely different than processing learning ai.

Yeah but that is just starting off if it is a form of cloud processing then why would they not be able to useit for different things with games down the line? I mean to each his/her own choice, but to say PS4 is graphics only is kind of one sided. I mena what if the cloud processing didn't really do all that much extra for the Xbox One or if they really don't take advatage of it kind of like SOny with The Cell? Then what?

Can't just look at it one sided man. Got to look at both sides evenly, they are both some good looking consoles right now. Both have positives and negatives. We will see how thing work out later down the line but atleast don't be so downing to one console by saying it is only graphics because that is just not true at all...

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

That's actually a great piece of advice. Stick to 360.

MB1025 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DxkEe_l7S3g

Here you go.

I did watch the clip and even still it was basically saying the same thing. That was not the statement you make towards potential consumers at all when coming out with a new product. Hopefully Microsoft does somethings to change the bad press they are getting around because they have some good games I want to try out on the Xbox One!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:
Multimedialover said:

More importantly sony themselves have said gaikai can be used in the cloud then describing friends and matchmaking which is entirely different than processing learning ai.

Yeah but that is just starting off if it is a form of cloud processing then why would they not be able to useit for different things with games down the line? I mean to each his/her own choice, but to say PS4 is graphics only is kind of one sided. I mena what if the cloud processing didn't really do all that much extra for the Xbox One or if they really don't take advatage of it kind of like SOny with The Cell? Then what?

Can't just look at it one sided man. Got to look at both sides evenly, they are both some good looking consoles right now. Both have positives and negatives. We will see how thing work out later down the line but atleast don't be so downing to one console by saying it is only graphics because that is just not true at all...

Well, I will be getting a PS4, but I decided that even before E3 began. (showing im not being bias)

I imagine Sony wouldnt be able to do that, as if the PS4 is able to be used offline, and they implemented Cloud processing, people who tried to use those games while offline, they simply wouldnt work? where as the Xbone being an online only console, they know everyone using their device has somekind of online connection.

That is just an assumption, and I could be wrong, as as far as I know you can still play Xbone offline too, for a max of 23 hours 59 minutes. (again, not trying to be sarcastic)

The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.

Ernest Hemmingway

Around the Network
MB1025 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DxkEe_l7S3g

Here you go.

I watched the whole clip and it actually makes it sound worse.  It really just makes them sound more out of touch.  The only people without internet aren't people on nuclear subs.  Our overseas military is definitely affected, but what about people in rural America that like to play games but can't get a decent broadband connection?

My brother, a non-gamer, brought up the best point and simplest thing they've missed.  He asked me, "What ever happened to just turning it on, putting in a game, and playing?"  Some people want to just be able to plug it in, put in a game, and play.  It's great to expand your offerings and provide a lot of great new features, but make them a choice, and ensure the most critical option still exists: simply gaming with none of the other bells and whistles.

PS4 has a stereo camera and waggle wands just because, "yeah, you can do that to if you want but...games."  Notice the camera isn't included or required with PS4.  Nowhere near advanced as Kinect 2 probably, but optional.  Online connectivity?  Optional.

The focus is, and should be, games.  Any company that places obstacles between the gamer and actually playing the game is out of touch.

Alby_da_Wolf said:
ZOMFG! Sticking to previous versions is a recommendable behaviour that from Windows is spreading to other MS products!

LOL so true.  I work in IT and have watched Microsoft try to end support for Windows XP like 4 times.  I think it's been pushed back to April 2014 currently.

TheBlackNaruto said:
Multimedialover said:

Fair points.  I'm interested to learn more about the AI capabilities in the cloud, including what both claim they can do versus what third parties will actually end up leveraging.

Based on Dicky Dons statement should i also stick with 360 if i :

Dont watch TV
Am not into sports

Crazy

All the people in here saying your getting a ps4, you where before any details came out. PS4 fans have a big surprise when most, to all 3rd party developers do the same exact thing as MS. This is going to be the norm. You can blame all the cheap gamers for making this happen. When Gamestop was making record profits, I seen this coming a mile away. This is how I see it. broke people will go to PS4 and not buy many games. People with money and always buy new, will have internet and not see a problem going with MS. This is where MS will win. Exclusives are going to be moving over to xb1 faster than you think.

I'm getting sick of hearing about this since it's all the cheap people that caused it. I always have internet. Who doesn't? People who don't buy games, that's who.