By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata Responds to Nintendo as 3rd Party Developer Argument

Should Nintendo Become a Third Party Developer?

Yes 58 17.74%

No 244 74.62%

It won't matter, we won... 14 4.28%

See Results 11 3.36%

Total:327
Nem said:
Honestly, i think Iwata has a point. But, im not sure Nintendo can keep up with Sony and Microsoft in their offers. I think that they should leave the home console market and focus on their handheld devices. A nintendo fully focused on a single platform would be richer to the gaming market besides making a kickass full of value portable device.

I'm pretty sure that he said at some point that they are considering making a sort of handheld/home console hybrid in the future, meaning that one game developed will be available for both platforms. Mainly as a means of decreasing software droughs.

Makes a lot of sense given the technological advancements of portables, the Wii U GamePad, and their Super Smash Bros 4 approach.

Around the Network
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Nem said:
Honestly, i think Iwata has a point. But, im not sure Nintendo can keep up with Sony and Microsoft in their offers. I think that they should leave the home console market and focus on their handheld devices. A nintendo fully focused on a single platform would be richer to the gaming market besides making a kickass full of value portable device.

I'm pretty sure that he said at some point that they are considering making a sort of handheld/home console hybrid in the future, meaning that one game developed will be available for both platforms. Mainly as a means of decreasing software droughs.

Makes a lot of sense given the technological advancements of portables, the Wii U GamePad, and their Super Smash Bros 4 approach.

Indeed. It would be much better for them because they cant sucessfully support 2 systems by themselves. Even though the 3DS is supposed to have good 3rd party support cause its selling so well. The western publishers convinced themselves that nothing sells on portables and dont even try anymore. Even though the 3DS outsells the PS3 at this point... the lobbies are strong with them.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Nem said:

That does sound pretty nice.  

Great read, thank you for sharing.

i like the direction they are going now. Just need to fix there release schedule of games

Around the Network

It depends of how the console market goes.
Eventually they´ll go third party someday.... when consoles cease to exist. And this may not be in a distant future, actually....

They may well soon start to launch games for PC or phones, but you can be sure that those would be tottally new games and franchises, they wouldn´t put their lucrative brands on those platforms to compete with their own devices

I can see that Nintendo may take advantage of the PC market, perhaps even having a division or studio for such, but not for anything that exists today, a way to diversify, expand their own studios, but even when "home" consoles start to fade away, Nintendo is well positioned to be mobile with their mobile handheld, and even the possibility of their home console turning into a tablet style console alone. Going third party would do nothing but hurt them. It is the answer of those who are bitter at Nintendo for whatever reason, oh, "I love Nintendo games, but F***K them they need to go 3rd party, because blah blah blah." You don't really care about Nintendo, your just a fan boy/girl whatever and its "cool" to say something anti-Nintendo in front of others.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Nem said:

not a hand-console hybrid he was speaking more from a develpoing perspective so that while develpoing a console game at the same time develop a handheld game..its an idea on how to shorten developing time for a specific game. so we can expect a new engine in nex gen nintendo games i think

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

ugh they will never shut up about this!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

noname2200 said:
But guyz, stock price will triple for a week if they go third-party.

More proof of why you absolutely cannot listen to stockholders. They only want quick money and care nothing for the actual health of a company.

Much like private equity in a way.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.