By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata Responds to Nintendo as 3rd Party Developer Argument

Should Nintendo Become a Third Party Developer?

Yes 58 17.74%

No 244 74.62%

It won't matter, we won... 14 4.28%

See Results 11 3.36%

Total:327

*Puts a smile on my face

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
Around the Network

Miguel_Zorro said:

"If I was only concerned about managing Nintendo for this year and next year—and not about what the company would be like in 10 or 20 years—then I'd probably say that my point of view is nonsense," Mr. Iwata said during the interview at the Electronics Entertainment Expo earlier this week.

"But if we think 20 years down the line, we may look back at the decision not to supply Nintendo games to smartphones and think that is the reason why the company is still here."

You're so out of touch with the industry, Mr. Iwata.

I have learned to never underestimate the Big N through out the years. They always have something in their magical pockets.

Well, Nintendo is a japanese company after all. Still a kid by their standards, but a japanese company nontheless. They are here to stay.

He's doing what's right for the company. Anyone with any sense would know that investors would bail out after making a quick buck and the company could be worse off because of it. His decision is what's best for Nintendo and not what's best for those just out to make money.  

More companies need a president like this.  Is Iwata better than Kaz?  Being a Sony fan I'm going to say no, but still.

Around the Network

I think Iwata is doing a fine job. He's the only president of a gaming company to bring forth extremely successful handheld and console units in the same generation. He knows what he is doing. I hate people who criticise somebody that they can't do better than. It isn't like he hasn't been successful at all. Don't judge until you're in his shoes. You're probably somewhere eating doritos n' dew while he's working his butt off. Just shutup.

Nem said:
Honestly, i think Iwata has a point. But, im not sure Nintendo can keep up with Sony and Microsoft in their offers. I think that they should leave the home console market and focus on their handheld devices. A nintendo fully focused on a single platform would be richer to the gaming market besides making a kickass full of value portable device.

The resident analysts and CEOs of VGChartz would bankrupt Nintendo within 2 years if they had their way. The truth is that Nintendo's 'exclusive' 1st and 2nd party titles have a reinforced 'value' exactly because you cannot access these games on other systems. If Mario was to suddenly be available for every console, there would be a short-term surge in profits and software sale numbers, but then you would quickly see sales slump reaching the unsustainable levels Sega Sammy has been facing for the past years.

enditall727 said:
Nintendo will be fine. They are just in an uncomfortable position right now. They can get out of it but its all about them figuring it out.

To put them back in a good position, they will have to add the Wii Mote back in each Wii U ALONG with the touch pad and bring the price to $249.99

The Wii Mote is/was superior to that game pad

It is what it is at the end of the day.

There are 96 million+ Wii owners out there.  Are you telling me they ALL threw out their Wii motes?  Plus, you can't drop the price of a console by ADDING peripherals to the box.  While a price drop on the deluxe version would probably help, I can't see a $100 price drop, plus the addition of an extra controller.

MystVearn said:

This man is a lost cause.

I hope he continues to disappoint you. As, obviously, your disappointment in him means a success in their strategy. Staying in control of their IP's and their consoles is the best choice, as of now and probably for a long time.

mii-gamer said:
i like the direction they are going now. Just need to fix there release schedule of games

And that's the main problem; their release schedule is stretched too far out. All Nintendo really needs to do is hire more veteran employees who know what they are doing. More games releasing means more money and more "relevance."