By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo hardly showed anything new AT ALL; have they run out of ideas? (Rant)

mii-gamer said:
i didn't see any new ideas from sony or microsoft, why don't we criticize them? Oh wait this is vgchartz

We don't expect new ideas from Sony and MS in the same way we're expecting them from Nintendo, that's why. I actually think you had a point with your latter post: "Nintendo is the innovator in the industry". I think there is a truth in that, and that's why I'm disappointed right now with them. Nothing new.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
Nyleveia said:
mii-gamer said:
i didn't see any new ideas from sony or microsoft, why don't we criticize them? Oh wait this is vgchartz

Because Xbox and Playstation aren't consoles defined by their first party support, the WiiU is, and that first party support is what's being brought into question.

Dannesandin, what in the hell were you thinking making an anti-nintendo style thread on vgc, you should know by now that the very fabric of space and time will get distorted to defend it, no matter how much of a nintendo fan you are.

I think you have an excellent point in the first sentence!!

And I'm sorry for criticizing them =/ I'll... I'll try to not do it again! :P

happydolphin said:
DanneSandin said:

NintendoLand isn't a new IP; it's advertisment.

Keep it up bud, I'm guessing that by the end of this thread people will just stop taking you seriously.

Oh c'mon Happy! That was a half-joke!

DanneSandin said:
happydolphin said:
DanneSandin said:

Keep it up bud, I'm guessing that by the end of this thread people will just stop taking you seriously.

I'll let this one slide

Overreaction big time and I'm sick of all this bitch whining about retro making a new dk instead of a metroid...to each his own but I feel like I'm the only one excited by the new dk game.

Lets be honest, nintendos nd/e3 lineup may have contained few surprises...but they have a decent lineup of upcoming games none the less (my only complaint is some are coming later than I'd hoped but if they are spaced out well enough it should be ok).

I doubt this is the best time for Nintendo to be focusing on originality. They need to be selling consoles as they seem to be falling behind...I say let em release one or two hackneyed cash grabs, it ain't exactly hurt em in the past!

Around the Network

That´s not the point
Miyamoto is said to be right now working on a new Ip, besides there´s all the new partnerships.

What happens is that Nintendo opted to just play it safe right now. They´re investing on their best-seller franchises. I feel dissapointed to know that Retro was working on another Dk (another platform) after all this time, but DK sells better than Metroid or Star Fox. So were Wii Party, Mario Kart etc.

At first, they´re trying to get attention to WiiU with these loved franchises. I just hope that next year they come with either new ideas or new versions of old franchises. Some time ago there were rumors about Retro working on a Metroid/Starfox crossover and recentely we found Earthbound listed for pre-sale on Amazon Uk. Maybe those are clues that they´re actually working on other games. Who knows ? But.. if they aren´t... you can count WiiU as a new Dreamcast

happydolphin said:
DanneSandin said:
happydolphin said:
DanneSandin said:

I'll let this one slide

How gracious of you ^^

zorg1000 said:

This Iis the reason I think a console/handheld hybrid woud be a good idea next ge. Instead of having to make 2 games of each franchise, theyd only have to make one which would allow them to revive old ips and make new ones. Nintendo woildnt even need 3rd party support.

I agree, that would be their best option next gen.