By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo hardly showed anything new AT ALL; have they run out of ideas? (Rant)

The usual Nintendo doesn't make new IP's discussion I see.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
MANUELF said:
If by new you mean new ideas for games then they werent the only culprits, if you mean announced new games then I can count three new games getting announced (Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8 and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze) And no I dont count saying they have new 3d mario and mario kart as an announcement

Galaxy was a new idea. Skyward Sword was (kind of) a new idea. Super Mario 3D Land was a new idea.

What they showed here wasn't new ideas.

I never said they showed new ideas, I said Sony and Microsoft are also guilty of that

Cold-Flipper said:

The problem is that Nintendo makes both Home & Handheld systems, and normally use a similar concept for each during a generation. This will continue even more so in the future for the following reasons:

A) Handhelds have become much more powerful and 3DS can nearly produce every Wii U game Nintendo creates, even if it's a bit smaller scale.

B) Development times have increased due to much more powerful systems. They can make games quicker by sharing concepts which is why Nintendo recently merged their teams. 

C) At the end of the day, Nintendo is still a business trying to make $. If they can Make 2 versions of most of their games and people will still buy them, why wouldn't they? 

M&S at the Olympic Games, Sonic Lost World, Resident Evil Revelations, Super Smash Bros 4, & Lego City Undercover all are (will be) on both 3DS & Wii U. Then you have Starfox 64 3D, Zelda OOT 3D, Donkey Kong Country 3D, Zelda WW HD, which are simple remakes of games and easy money.

Finally, you have the games that borrow concepts from their other current Gen system:

• New Super Mario Bros 2 & New Super Mario Bros U
  • Mario Kart 7 & Mario Kart 8
  • Super Mario 3D Land & Super Mario 3D World
  • Animal Crossing Wild World & Animal Crossing City Folk

Expect this trend to follow with more games on both systems, more remakes, and more borrowed elements.

You can prevent getting tired of "nothing new" by only buying 1 Nintendo system or 1 game from each shared concept every Gen. That is what I've decided to do.

This Iis the reason I think a console/handheld hybrid woud be a good idea next ge. Instead of having to make 2 games of each franchise, theyd only have to make one which would allow them to revive old ips and make new ones. Nintendo woildnt even need 3rd party support.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

i didn't see any new ideas from sony or microsoft, why don't we criticize them? Oh wait this is vgchartz

mii-gamer said:
i didn't see any new ideas from sony or microsoft, why don't we criticize them? Oh wait this is vgchartz

Because Xbox and Playstation aren't consoles defined by their first party support, the WiiU is, and that first party support is what's being brought into question.

Dannesandin, what in the hell were you thinking making an anti-nintendo style thread on vgc, you should know by now that the very fabric of space and time will get distorted to defend it, no matter how much of a nintendo fan you are.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Ugh no this is NOT applicable to Sony. I went to town on them in the vita thread for their vita handling last night so they definitely have things they need to be criticized over. But bringing new IPs and ideas is not one of them.

Well then Sony has two things that need to be criticized. Because this is also applicable to them. (Uncharted... Killzone...)

Uncharted, really? because last i checked the last UC naughty dog made was 3, they've been busy with a completely new IP you might have heard about recently...

honestly i thought nintendo did way to many nintendo directs honestly it would of been better if they save the announcements for the janurary direct for E3

Nyleveia said:
mii-gamer said:

Because Xbox and Playstation aren't consoles defined by their first party support, the WiiU is, and that first party support is what's being brought into question.

Dannesandin, what in the hell were you thinking making an anti-nintendo style thread on vgc, you should know by now that the very fabric of space and time will get distorted to defend it, no matter how much of a nintendo fan you are.

of course how could i forget, Nintendo is the innovator in the industry

MANUELF said:
DanneSandin said:
MANUELF said:
If by new you mean new ideas for games then they werent the only culprits, if you mean announced new games then I can count three new games getting announced (Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8 and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze) And no I dont count saying they have new 3d mario and mario kart as an announcement

Galaxy was a new idea. Skyward Sword was (kind of) a new idea. Super Mario 3D Land was a new idea.

What they showed here wasn't new ideas.

I never said they showed new ideas, I said Sony and Microsoft are also guilty of that

Honestly, as a Nintendo gamer I don't really care about MS and Sony in the same way I care about Nintendo. I'm expecting shooters from Sony and MS, but I'm expecting NEW things from Nintendo...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Talal said:
The usual Nintendo doesn't make new IP's discussion I see.

No, this isn't about new IP's. I would stop gaming if Nintendo didn't bring Zelda and Mario once in a while - but they need to bring new ideas to these franchises. That's what this thread is all about.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.