By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo hardly showed anything new AT ALL; have they run out of ideas? (Rant)

Mnementh said:
KHlover said:
Close the thread, the WiiFit instructor seems to be a character in Super Smash Bros. If THAT isn't an unique idea I have no idea how you guys ever will be satisfied :P

The trailer with the WiiFit-instructor is quite fun by the way and it looks like the gameplay is not bad. But yes, W101 and X are the things I look forward too, the other stuff was meh.

I wrote this before watching the trailers. Actually, it IS a great addition to the game. With every new trailer they release it becomes more obvious this game just wants to be FUN and I think they'll manage to do it.

Around the Network
F0X said:

Depends. Retro may have had to create a new game engine, beef up on staff because of the new hardware, ect.

And they may be creating a metric crapton of content for DKC:TF.

Or they have some people working on another project which will start full development after DKC:TF is finished.

Yeah that kinda sounds like what we've been hearing for quite a while...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

happydolphin said:
DanneSandin said:
happydolphin said:

@3. Why though? It makes absolutely no sense given Nintendo's history of IPs and newness of IPs.

Nintendo has always come out with new IP's. Pikmin. Eternal Darkness. Wii Sports. Wii Fit.

You're naming IPs across various platforms from various devs. To ED I give you Wonderful 101. To pikmin I give you some unannounced Miyamoto project.

To Wii Sports and Wii Fit I give you Nintendoland and then a plethora of sequels to the Wii Series (Wii Fit U, Wii Party U). As time goes on it takes money to make sequels to these new IPs which constantly grow, much like they did in the NES days with their New IPs (Mario 2J, Mario 3, Zelda 2, etc. etc. etc.).

NintendoLand isn't a new IP; it's advertisment.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:

NintendoLand isn't a new IP; it's advertisment.

Keep it up bud, I'm guessing that by the end of this thread people will just stop taking you seriously.

DanneSandin said:
F0X said:

Depends. Retro may have had to create a new game engine, beef up on staff because of the new hardware, ect.

And they may be creating a metric crapton of content for DKC:TF.

Or they have some people working on another project which will start full development after DKC:TF is finished.

Yeah that kinda sounds like what we've been hearing for quite a while...

On the bright side, I think this means that DKC:TF will run quite smoothly. It's interesting to see them go for the almost cel-shaded look again, but it definitely retains a lot of personality uncompromised by the temptations of HD browns and grays (Nintendo needs to hire me as a PR guy).

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network

The problem is that Nintendo makes both Home & Handheld systems, and normally use a similar concept for each during a generation. This will continue even more so in the future for the following reasons:

A) Handhelds have become much more powerful and 3DS can nearly produce every Wii U game Nintendo creates, even if it's a bit smaller scale.

B) Development times have increased due to much more powerful systems. They can make games quicker by sharing concepts which is why Nintendo recently merged their teams. 

C) At the end of the day, Nintendo is still a business trying to make $. If they can Make 2 versions of most of their games and people will still buy them, why wouldn't they? 

M&S at the Olympic Games, Sonic Lost World, Resident Evil Revelations, Super Smash Bros 4, & Lego City Undercover all are (will be) on both 3DS & Wii U. Then you have Starfox 64 3D, Zelda OOT 3D, Donkey Kong Country 3D, Zelda WW HD, which are simple remakes of games and easy money.

Finally, you have the games that borrow concepts from their other current Gen system:

• New Super Mario Bros 2 & New Super Mario Bros U
  • Mario Kart 7 & Mario Kart 8
  • Super Mario 3D Land & Super Mario 3D World
  • Animal Crossing Wild World & Animal Crossing City Folk

Expect this trend to follow with more games on both systems, more remakes, and more borrowed elements.

You can prevent getting tired of "nothing new" by only buying 1 Nintendo system or 1 game from each shared concept every Gen. That is what I've decided to do.

BasilZero said:
The only thing I was disappointed with honestly was the lack of a Pokemon X/Y bundle or a new colors for the 3DS XL.

FU NoA :(

(Hopefully tonight a Pokemon X/Y bundle will be teased/shown....I mean the show will be 1 hr and 30 min >.>).

What? Theres another conference tonight? Can you please link me to a website that will be broadcasting it please and at what time will it start??

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

benji232 said

What? Theres another conference tonight? Can you please link me to a website that will be broadcasting it please and at what time will it start??

A conference only about Pokemon :)

I love Nintendo but it's obvious to ME what's going on...fatigue. Nintendo's stretching Mario way too thin and their franchises are FINALLY growing old. That doesn't mean they're bad games, far from it. But what it does mean is, like Christmas happening every day, a good thing can only be done so many times before it isn't as fun anymore and I think that's the issue here.

If Nintendo decided to take their major IP like Zelda, Mario, Metroid etc. and ONLY release main titles every 3-4 years again, like they use to, and then fill in those gaps with new, amazing IPs? They'd OWN the industry. I mean, lets not forget that this is the same company that INVENTED Mario, Zelda, Metroid at one time, all within a few years of eachother. We know they have the imagination and skill to do it again. I just wish they would.

The main problem is that the only impressive games of the show were not made by Nintendo themselves (in house) but by Retro (donkey kong) and Monolith (X).
Currently the 2 top 3ds games are luigi and donkey kong country 3d also not developed by Nintendo but by external studios.
It seems that nintendo still know how to do fun and quality games but they seems to be out of touch with current gen graphics and ambitious games such as X or fire emblem on 3ds.

I am so disappointed by super mario 3d land HD with its lazy blurry background.