By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - square enix ff 15 and kingdom hearths 3 will be multiplatform , ps4 and xbone

3nix said:
I don't understand what the problem is. I understand that the main KH series was on PS2 and Sony had Final Fantasy games, but think about it SE needs the money. I was gonna buy a PS4 because of this and a Xbox One for the exclusives. Its funny I look around the internet and people are very upset at SE for making them multiplatform. So what? Final Fantasy started with Nintendo and KH games have been seen on Nintendo consoles. I guess the fact that its on the Xbox One makes it a problem.

True. Ranting about it now just wreaks of fanboy rage.

Although this would've been justifiable if it were the early days of PS3 where exclusivity goes kaput in a blink of an eye. Back then, I really didn't care about Sony's first party but god dammit if it weren't for ND's games I would've been quite in a pickle back then with only having MGS4 as my justified purchase of the console.

To tell you the truth, I couldn't care less where I buy the multiplat games. It's all the same. Back then people were so annoyingly adamant about telling apart PS3 and 360 versions when it all comes down to having the same damn gameplay and experience which absolutely makes no difference at all.

What I learned from SE is not to trust 3rd party exclusivity announcement. Once again they have proven it true with vsXIII. All I can say is good riddance and amen to that. Now with a new round, and people hopefully being a little bit wiser now; this time around they most certainly can see what can truly justify their purchase which is the first party software.

Around the Network
misterchoc90 said:
Mad55 said:
misterchoc90 said:
3nix said:
I don't understand what the problem is. I understand that the main KH series was on PS2 and Sony had Final Fantasy games, but think about it SE needs the money. I was gonna buy a PS4 because of this and a Xbox One for the exclusives. Its funny I look around the internet and people are very upset at SE for making them multiplatform. So what? Final Fantasy started with Nintendo and KH games have been seen on Nintendo consoles. I guess the fact that its on the Xbox One makes it a problem.

It doesn't make it a problem per se. But asking people to be patient for an exclusive just to make the game multi plat is kinda screwing over the fans.

Also, it moved to Playstation from Nintendo due to size limitations. I don't know if they'll gain much by making these new games multi plat when not much XBox fans care about them.

No your getting the exclusive so it shouldn't be an issue honestly. Also how do you know Xbox fans don't care about them. I'm a fan of the Xbox and I care about kingdom hearts and ff15 and will prob get them for the Xbox one.

I don't see it as a issue either. And I said 'not much' XBox fans. 

I'm in favor of having multi plat titles so everyone can play. But I think it is not weird that some SE fans might feel betrayed by what they did. They did a classic bait and switch:

-"Get a PS3 and you can play FF Versus XIII. You can only play it there. And look at this video, this game is going to be awesome."

-7 years later: "Get a PS4 or X1 to play it. lol"

I for one don't care about it being exclusive or not, as long as I get to play it.

Ohhhh Okay I see what your saying then.

iron_megalith said:
3nix said:

True. Although this would've been justifiable if it were the early days of PS3 where exclusivity goes kaput in a blink of an eye. Back then, I really didn't care about Sony's first party but god dammit if it weren't for ND's games I would've been quite in a pickle back then with only having MGS4 as my justified purchase of the console.

To tell you the truth, I couldn't care less where I buy the multiplat games. It's all the same. Back then people were so annoyingly adamant about telling apart PS3 and 360 versions when it all comes down to having the same damn gameplay and experience which absolutely makes no difference at all.

What I learned from SE is not to trust 3rd party exclusivity announcement. Once again they have proven it true with vsXIII. All I can say is good riddance and amen to that. Now with a new round, and people hopefully being a little bit wiser now; this time around they most certainly can see what can truly justify their purchase which is the first party software.

MGS4 is still one of my main reasons for getting the console along with Uncharted and a few other games. Similar to how Capcom said Resident Evil Revelations was exclusive to the 3DS. Next thing I know I turn around and its on every console with new content. Very disappointed I was indeed.

UnknownFact said:
Welp if we're going to have clone consoles since day 1 then I'm just going to ignore them altogether.

And I'd invest that money in other things.

why? if there are two clones you should still have one two get all the games. just owning both wouldn't be good.

Well it was expected and doesnt really bother me that much aslong as i get to play FFXV but sony really need to lock down some more exclusives

Around the Network
Xeilyn said:
Well it was expected and doesnt really bother me that much aslong as i get to play FFXV but sony really need to lock down some more exclusives

i believe they took few games ou of this conference because they knew the drm stuff is enough and later this year we will see a lot of new stuff like the new naughty dog game, more for japan and so on...

crissindahouse said:
Xeilyn said:

i believe they took few games ou of this conference because they knew the drm stuff is enough and later this year we will see a lot of new stuff like the new naughty dog game, more for japan and so on...

Yeah you're prolly right and ive already pre-ordered a PS4 but i still wanted to see something more.. Oh well nothing to worry about i guess

sales2099 said:

Ok this is hilarious........

For YEARS, I have heard and seen PS fans bragging about Versus 13 being a PS3 exclusive killer app. Years. Even after the delays and vaperware.

Now, its name changed, and it gets a Xbox 1 version........."meh no biggie"

lol how the hell do you walk this off so non-chalante. You just lost a major exclusive 7 years in the making. You guys just roll with everything don't you?

(Mods, I am just stunned to see such a role reversal and am just appalled the fans simply walk away from years of bragging and gloating that this was a PS exclusive).

Sorry are we still in 2008?

FF has been multiplatform for this entire generation.

Soriku said:
From the sound of things from Tweets and such it may be that they're leading with the PS4 for these games then porting to Xbox One.

Not surprising at all.

From what I saw till now, and by saying that I don't want to be just mean, far from that; but I feel like devs choose to make PS4 games, than MS pay them to port it on Xbone

Kyuu said:
dobby985 said:
Kyuu said:
ugh.. I'll admit this pissed me off real bad.. we waited and waited all these years just to see this going to Xbox.. it probably wont even be optimized to either console like all multiplats..

Optimised? Both consoles have the same hardware architecture.

* PS4 will have 2 extra GB's of RAM available for games

* RAM setup is very different (GDDR5 compared to DDR3+SDRAM for XB ONE)

* CPUs are differently customised though essentially the same.

* GPU performance on PS4 will be at least 50% greater.

It'll still be much easier to port games than how it used to be but I doubt many multiplatform games will look better on PS4.

Unless they build it on PS4 first, and then port to Xbone then PS4 will have the better version.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5