By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - square enix ff 15 and kingdom hearths 3 will be multiplatform , ps4 and xbone

Kyuu said:
dobby985 said:
Kyuu said:
ugh.. I'll admit this pissed me off real bad.. we waited and waited all these years just to see this going to Xbox.. it probably wont even be optimized to either console like all multiplats..

Optimised? Both consoles have the same hardware architecture.

* PS4 will have 2 extra GB's of RAM available for games

* RAM setup is very different (GDDR5 compared to DDR3+eSRAM* for XB ONE)

* CPUs are differently customised though essentially the same.

* GPU performance on PS4 will be at least 50% greater.

It'll still be much easier to port games than how it used to be but I doubt many multiplatform games will look better on PS4.

PC developers have no problem developing for a wide variety of specs. Some more powerful than others.

The weaker hardware is not a lowest common denominator and the higher end hardware is not affected.

There is nothing that can justify Square Enix ignoring the Xbox One.

Around the Network

I thought I'd be pissed if versus XIII when multiplatform but I wasn't I was just happy that its finally coming. I'm growing up :,)

i'm quite annoyed, though i'll just move on

deskpro2k3 said:
Kyuu said:
dobby985 said:
Kyuu said:
ugh.. I'll admit this pissed me off real bad.. we waited and waited all these years just to see this going to Xbox.. it probably wont even be optimized to either console like all multiplats..

Optimised? Both consoles have the same hardware architecture.

* PS4 will have 2 extra GB's of RAM available for games

* RAM setup is very different (GDDR5 compared to DDR3+SDRAM for XB ONE)

* CPUs are differently customised though essentially the same.

* GPU performance on PS4 will be at least 50% greater.

It'll still be much easier to port games than how it used to be but I doubt many multiplatform games will look better on PS4.

Unless they build it on PS4 first, and then port to Xbone then PS4 will have the better version.

That's pretty much what ended up happening with FF13.