By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Mario Kart 8 Thread - Open To Random Online Races!

Your MK8 Rating

10 542 46.85%

9 350 30.25%

8 109 9.42%

7 27 2.33%

6 10 0.86%

5 9 0.78%

4 1 0.09%

3 22 1.90%

There shouldn't be any l... 64 5.53%

Total:1,134

I think it's time for speculation, members of VGC!

What characters do you think Nintendo might bring into Mario Kart 8? Anyone that strikes you as a great fit? (Also, does anyone know the roster size? If not, make a prediction for that, too!)

Around the Network

I hope to the gods that Lakitu returns. Definitely my all time favorite character in MK! As for new characters, Fawful is the one I want the most. That's been the case since MKWii was revealed. He's the only one who could possibly challenge Lakitu as my fav! Also, I would expect there to be around 30 characters, what with 12 racers at a time.

Einsam_Delphin said:
I hope to the gods that Lakitu returns. Definitely my all time favorite character in MK! As for new characters, Fawful is the one I want the most. That's been the case since MKWii was revealed. He's the only one who could possibly challenge Lakitu as my fav! Also, I would expect there to be around 30 characters, what with 12 racers at a time.

Oh yeah! Lakitu was great in MK7. One of my favorites from that game, for sure. 

I'm hoping for Baby Luigi and Baby Mario to return, though. Baby Luigi is my go-to for MKWii.

NintendoPie said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Oh yeah! Lakitu was great in MK7. One of my favorites from that game, for sure. 

I'm hoping for Baby Luigi and Baby Mario to return, though. Baby Luigi is my go-to for MKWii.

Ideally, I'd like every character who's ever been in a Mario Kart game to return, but that's probably not likely to happen. Baby characters are most likely going to return though. There needs to be plenty of options for each weight afterall!

I think there will be a total of 30 characters (excluding mii). Everyone from the wii game will be back plus some additional characters.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network
supermario128 said:
I think there will be a total of 30 characters (excluding mii). Everyone from the wii game will be back plus some additional characters.

30 characters would be quite the roster!

Who do you think the new characters will be, though?

Not enough MK8 hype in here! Still better than other games like Pikmin 3 or W101 though, but sad to see something like Sonic getting more attention. Don't get me wrong, I love Sonic, but Mario Kart is the bigger franchise so you'd think it'd get more love. I'll be sure to keep hyping it though!

Here is GameXplain's take on the Mario Kart 8 info divulged during E3

The shameless product placement along the race tracks are... awesome!

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

^Heh, already knew all that stuff and then some.

Einsam_Delphin said:
^Heh, already knew all that stuff and then some.

What's the some?

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"