By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario 3D World looks garbage and Nintendo should be ashamed

tarheel91 said:
Pavolink said:
tarheel91 said:
Pavolink said:
tarheel91 said:

So experiencing the game is the same as watching a promo strip?

Obviously not, and clearly regarding gameplay you'll have a handicap over us who are not going to experience, but to judge the game we need to play completly, or at least the majority of it, not only a demo.

Presentation is enough in a vid. Soundtrack until the final game is released.

I didn't say I was going to review the game, just decide whether it "looks garbage" or whether it looks like it could be fun.

Guess I have to make it clear that I don't agree with the game looking like garbage, but being dissapointed considering the 3D Mario standars.

And my point is that I don't feel like a short promo reel is enough to say something is disappointing or not, especially when it comes to a series like 3D Mario.

One trailer was enough to see that Galaxy was going to be amazing. One trailer is enough to see that it is a very poor effort.

Around the Network

@Venepe: The only people who demand every game be an edgy game are people who technically aren't allowed to buy them.  Mature content is fine, but forcing it on light-hearted series isn't necessary.  I thought we'd moved past this years ago.

I understand your point.  But Nintendo needs to get people to buy the WiiU.  Nintendo needs to get 3rd partes to develop for the WiiU.  3rd parties showcase edgy, mature, realistic content.  Those are the kind of games they like to develop.  Nintendo needs to provide them with an audience for those games.

Galaxy for example was light-hearted but it didn't bleed out cuteness.  The dark space provided a nice balance to the colorful worlds.

Nintendo could show a light-hearted game and counter balance with an edgy game.  But what did they do?  More cute games!!! DKR, MK8...

They are just like the Republican Party, cater to their base but end up alienating the general audience. 

"¿Por qué justo a mí tenía que tocarme ser yo?"

venepe said:

They are just like the Republican Party, cater to their base but end up alienating the general audience. 

With that weak Mario, they alienate their base.

I will buy this game on launch, loved the 3ds game. The 3ds game sold over 7 million and I believe this game can over time equal it in sales .

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Lucas-Rio said:
tarheel91 said:
Pavolink said:
tarheel91 said:
Pavolink said:
tarheel91 said:

So experiencing the game is the same as watching a promo strip?

Obviously not, and clearly regarding gameplay you'll have a handicap over us who are not going to experience, but to judge the game we need to play completly, or at least the majority of it, not only a demo.

Presentation is enough in a vid. Soundtrack until the final game is released.

I didn't say I was going to review the game, just decide whether it "looks garbage" or whether it looks like it could be fun.

Guess I have to make it clear that I don't agree with the game looking like garbage, but being dissapointed considering the 3D Mario standars.

And my point is that I don't feel like a short promo reel is enough to say something is disappointing or not, especially when it comes to a series like 3D Mario.

One trailer was enough to see that Galaxy was going to be amazing. One trailer is enough to see that it is a very poor effort.

Galaxy has an obvious "Wow!" factor.  You don't need a "Wow!" factor to have great gameplay or clever concepts.

Around the Network
Pavolink said:

Pics talk better than words:

Super Mario Galaxy:

Super Mario 3DWorld

Not even in the same galaxy.

/Thread

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Having recently completed both Galaxy games I was eagerly awaiting the reveal of the next 3D Mario game. This announcement was quite disappointing. I enjoyed 3D Land, but nowhere near as much as the Galaxy games.

Also, the cat thing was kind of weird. Mario running about on all fours? I don't know.

This might be the first 3D Mario game I actually enjoy!

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Typical. New Super Mario Bros U comes out, and gamers complain, I didn't want this. I just played New Super Mario Bros. 2 on 3DS. Why couldn't they have made a console version of Super Mario 3D Land? Nintendo listens and makes a console type Super Mario 3D Land and how do gamers react? I didn't want this!!

'Garbage' and 'Nintendo should be ashamed' are perhaps too harsh a words, but I'm clearly disappointed.

Is this the follow-up to the 64/Sunshine/Galaxy-line? If so, it probably won't be able to stand in the shadows of those masterpieces and will affect the WiiU's image as a whole. I really thought this was going to be 3D Land 2 when they showed it during the direct, and I got excited. Until I realized it's actually the big 3D Mario WiiU game.

3D Land on 3DS is a very good game though, discounting Ocarina of Time, I think it's the best game on the system. On 3DS however, a handheld. This game, Mario 3D World, and with it the '3D-series' should've been on 3DS where it belongs. As good as this game may be, it's not going to push the WiiU to it's limits both technologically and gameplay-wise like 3D Mario should and has done up until now.

I truly hope they'll create that great epic and worthy 3D Mario game that'll be able to stand along it's predecessors.

On the up-side, Mario Kart 8 looks awesome, I want this game now. Right now. The trailer showed Mario Kart remains the king of racers and this entry already looks to become a contender for the 'best Mario Kart game'.