By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Post your 3DS stats - Official Super Smash Bros. WiiU/3DS Thread

When will you be getting the 3DS version of Super Smash Bros?

Day 1 94 55.62%

In October 9 5.33%

Before the end of the year 10 5.92%

In 2015 2 1.18%

Never, I'm waiting for the Wii U version 52 30.77%

Total:167

And you would assume....WRONG T-BONE!!! *maniacal laughter* Hand cramps aside I enjoyed KIU, and I know exactly who Dark Pit is.

Why don't I want Dark Pit? Because unless they make every move different, it would be a waste. I don't want another Toon Link, or even Lucina, who just attack differently in the hit box sense and have no new moves. They could've incorporated Windwaker and Phantom Hourglass more into Toon Link, but they didn't. And they could've had some fun with Lucina's moveset, but they didn't. I don't like clones. Never have. Not when different, not to mention fan loved, characters could have taken their place.

Like who you ask? Well...Mewtwo, Isaac, Wolf Link and Midna, Laguz (pick one), Shulk, and more could've been in the game but most likely won't be.

Now hey, if he's in and he's different, then great, but something tells me he won't be.

In case you didn't know, I have a comic book called Guardians. I'm the writer/creator of it, and we have four issues out right now, with our fifth coming out soon!

We're also doing a Patreon right now for the comic, and I'd appreciate any and all help in getting it funded. If 56 people pledged $3 per issue, we'll be funded

To pledge, click here. Please join Team Guardians!

Around the Network
blackmagicwolf said:
And you would assume....WRONG T-BONE!!! *maniacal laughter* Hand cramps aside I enjoyed KIU, and I know exactly who Dark Pit is.

Why don't I want Dark Pit? Because unless they make every move different, it would be a waste. I don't want another Toon Link, or even Lucina, who just attack differently in the hit box sense and have no new moves. They could've incorporated Windwaker and Phantom Hourglass more into Toon Link, but they didn't. And they could've had some fun with Lucina's moveset, but they didn't. I don't like clones. Never have. Not when different, not to mention fan loved, characters could have taken their place.

Like who you ask? Well...Mewtwo, Isaac, Wolf Link and Midna, Laguz (pick one), Shulk, and more could've been in the game but most likely won't be.

Now hey, if he's in and he's different, then great, but something tells me he won't be.

Every time someone talks about clones, I have to remind them, they aren't "replacing" anybody (not singling you out, just think this is a point that needs to be added to the discussion). They take next to no time to add to the game, as the main assets and animations are already there, and you don't really have to worry about balancing. All you need to do is basically recolor the model in Dark Pit's case (which they would do anyways), record some new voice overs and slightly tweak some of Pit's moves (or give him some custom moves as his main). 

While I do think that he should just be a recolor and Toon Link could be a better character, I usually wont complain about them, because they don't take anything away from the game, just add something I don't really care about. If they weren't there we would just have one less character slot on the roster, because adding another character, or making a non clone character is so much more work.

I'm sure it's fake, but I really think Paper Mario could be a very cool addition. Certainly over Dr. Mario.

blackmagicwolf said:

ok first, i agree with Toon Link, dont kno why they couldn't gve him a different moveset. That Deku Leaf would of been perfect for a Side/Up Special! (I could get into it but i'll stop there!).

Also there is no wasted character, Lucina reveal put that to rest. Lucina being a character doesn't waste a slot as she was originally going to be an alt fr Marth but was changed in the end. This means if the roster is 48, if Sakurai would of put Lucina as an alt, then we have 47 characters (think Wii Fit Male/Villager Female/etc) they could have their own slots too, doesn't mean they took over anybody's spot ;)

As for Dark Pit, im not keeping my hopes up cuz i couldn't care less (though i loved to see Magnus or especially Medusa @.@), but i believe he could be different. If he is in the game as a separate character, remember he doesn't waste a slot. Its easy to make a new character with the same model and if he's in then we can expect some differences (hopefully!).

Cuz as it looks no characters look like Direct clones, aside from Lucina (very very small difference from Marth) and Toon Link (Faster/Smaller/etc than Link!).

Only character with no excuse at all is Ganondorf XD

Sorry Tbone, but you missed the point. They ARE a waste of slot if they can just be an alt costume with no questions. Sure, they take no time to make, but what's the point? And for a perfectionist like Sakurai, he would take the time to make the characters different. Which makes the point of clones even more confusing. I would rather have a lesser (number wise) roster than a fuller one with clones.

If we have a lesser roster, we think, "who didn't make the cut?" If we have a clone filled roster (see: Brawl), we think, "who got robbed of a spot?" That's the difference.

In case you didn't know, I have a comic book called Guardians. I'm the writer/creator of it, and we have four issues out right now, with our fifth coming out soon!

We're also doing a Patreon right now for the comic, and I'd appreciate any and all help in getting it funded. If 56 people pledged $3 per issue, we'll be funded

To pledge, click here. Please join Team Guardians!

Around the Network
blackmagicwolf said:
Sorry Tbone, but you missed the point. They ARE a waste of slot if they can just be an alt costume with no questions. Sure, they take no time to make, but what's the point? And for a perfectionist like Sakurai, he would take the time to make the characters different. Which makes the point of clones even more confusing. I would rather have a lesser (number wise) roster than a fuller one with clones.

If we have a lesser roster, we think, "who didn't make the cut?" If we have a clone filled roster (see: Brawl), we think, "who got robbed of a spot?" That's the difference.

But thats just a state of mind, meaning its just in people's head.

So 2 scenarios with the same characters.

"Scenario A":  48 Slots with Lucina+Dark Pit+Dr Mario being Alts (for Marth+Pit+Mario)

"Scenario B":  51 Slots with Lucina being slightly different (as shown) Dark Pit with changes that differ Pit and Dr Mario with... 

With at least Scenario B they would be technically be different as they warrant there own slot. (Like Lucina having a balanced sword overall and ithink she's slightly faster than Marth). If Scenario A then its 100% a Clone. (even Dr Mario has slightly different characteristics than Mario in Melee).

Also no harm done, but i guess thats all opinionated! Personally i rather have no clones as well but after learning there is really no wasted character slots (as Sakurai mentioned all newcomers are determined in the beginning of development with a few exceptions) i dont mind alts being clones if there a little different.

Mind you i hated Dr Mario with a passion during the Melee days and this coming from a Mario Fanboy XD

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U screenshot (8/21/14) – Ghirahim Assist Trophiy

Posted under Screenshots, Wii U
4 minutes ago by Brian (@NE_Brian)

The latest Super Smash Bros. for Wii U screenshot from Masahiro Sakurai reveals the existence of a Ghirahim Assist Trophy. Check out the full update below:

Pic of the day. "No, I'll just beat you within an inch of your life!" Demon Lord Ghirahim makes an appearance in Smash Bros!! He's an Assist Trophy, so he could conceivably back up Link, too.

so no Ghirahim as a playable character

http://nintendoeverything.com/super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-screenshot-82114-ghirahim-assist-trophiy/

Was really hoping Sakurai would show Ice Climbers and say they will be in the game free of charge to discredit the leak.

Characters like Dr. Mario/Dr. Luigi and Dark Pit should be alternate costumes anyway. The Duck Hunt Dog would be pretty funny though, but I guess if it's in, it'll be an assist. I can believe there would be some DLC characters, but Snake is not going to be one of them, he's gone...

I kind of want Shulk at this point...