By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Post your 3DS stats - Official Super Smash Bros. WiiU/3DS Thread

When will you be getting the 3DS version of Super Smash Bros?

Day 1 94 55.62%

In October 9 5.33%

Before the end of the year 10 5.92%

In 2015 2 1.18%

Never, I'm waiting for the Wii U version 52 30.77%

Total:167

that works too!

By the way, a question to you all. The reveal of Robin and Lucina kind of came out of nowhere. It was nice, especially since we had no new characters since E3, but that begs the question. When will the next one come? Or better yet...WILL another one come? We know from Sakurai himself that they're "nearing the bottom of the barrel" for new character videos. And we're less than 3 months away from the 3DS release of Smash, so...what do you think?

Will it be in a Nintendo Direct that we'll no doubt have before the release? Or will it be another Update one like what just happened? Thoughts?

In case you didn't know, I have a comic book called Guardians. I'm the writer/creator of it, and we have four issues out right now, with our fifth coming out soon!

We're also doing a Patreon right now for the comic, and I'd appreciate any and all help in getting it funded. If 56 people pledged $3 per issue, we'll be funded

To pledge, click here. Please join Team Guardians!

Around the Network

"Robin's Nosferatu is the first ability in the Smash Bros. series that recovers your damage as it gives damage to others. The attack becomes even stronger if you strike from behind! Robin doesn't actually use this ability in the original game, but we added that element to make the character unique. Who knows--the ideas we use in this game may contribute to the original series."

Signature goes here!

Oh cool. Robin is in the game? I would have thought that they might have went with Tharja. Wasn't that her name? The one that Smeags is in love with?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
Oh cool. Robin is in the game? I would have thought that they might have went with Tharja. Wasn't that her name? The one that Smeags is in love with?

That is her name indeed and I still haven't had the courage to tell Smeags she's not a real person.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
amp316 said:

That is her name indeed and I still haven't had the courage to tell Smeags she's not a real person.

Has he discussed his feelings on her not being added to the SSB roster?  How about Squirtle?  Wait.  That's TADS.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
amp316 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
amp316 said:

Has he discussed his feelings on her not being added to the SSB roster?  How about Squirtle?  Wait.  That's TADS.

TADS is pretty mad at the exclusion of Squirtle. He has vowed not to purchase the game.

Signature goes here!

Robin could use Nosferatu, just not in his default class. Like that they are coding in all these touches for him, blew my mind that the elemental properties of the Pikmin were there in Brawl. At least in sub space, does the healing factor mean Robin is likely to be banned by the competitive groups?

amp316 said:

Tads12 was so upset at the exclusion of Squirtle that he left VGChartz..... :-/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

blackmagicwolf said:
that works too!

By the way, a question to you all. The reveal of Robin and Lucina kind of came out of nowhere. It was nice, especially since we had no new characters since E3, but that begs the question. When will the next one come? Or better yet...WILL another one come? We know from Sakurai himself that they're "nearing the bottom of the barrel" for new character videos. And we're less than 3 months away from the 3DS release of Smash, so...what do you think?

Will it be in a Nintendo Direct that we'll no doubt have before the release? Or will it be another Update one like what just happened? Thoughts?

I'm there will be a least one more new character reveal video since "near the bottom" means he hasn't hit the bottom yet. I'd take another Smash Direct for sure but I don't think it'll happen.

Signature goes here!

"Here's the Great Fox from Star Fox: Assault. I wonder what missions it will conduct. It'll probably have fighters running around on top of it without the pilot's consent."

Signature goes here!