By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

Question:

How good is Ness? He's my third favorite character, and I was wondering if he's actually worth praticing with.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network
Riot Of The Blood said:
Question:

How good is Ness? He's my third favorite character, and I was wondering if he's actually worth praticing with.

If he's your third favorite characters then play with him and have fun.  Why worry about the rest?

Any character you like is worth practicing with. in Smash Bros, it's possible to dominate with every character, Smash Bros is all about timing and forcing your opponent into a predictible path that you can intercept while ensuring that your path remains unpredictable. Taomaster has schooled my ass numerous times with Ness, and that's when I use Marth, my best character.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

If you want to get into hyper competitive technical terms, then it's all pretty much up in the air right now. These are the wild west days of brawl. It hasn't been out long enough for there to be any definitive tier lists, which developed over years for melee. And even then, tier lists don't matter half as much as skill because most of us aren't good enough to push a character to their theoretical limit. I'm definitely not a super competitive player, and I've yet to meet anyone here that can just outright stomp my ass over and over again like the pros most likely could. So if you like Ness, go, play with him and get good with him and you'll be able to compete based on your skill as a player, and not based on a character's worth.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Words Of Wisdom said:
makingmusic476 said:
@WoW: Yeah that was Naznatips. And the brawls were pretty fun, despite being dominated by you and Andy. :P And I can never rememeber who Andy is. ^^

Yay! I'd been looking to seeing Naznatips in the game for a while.

Unfortunately I'm pretty crappy at 4 player, as I'm sure you noticed.

You'd probably beat me 1 on 1 anyway, but yeah, 4 player = bad haha. 

Around the Network
Riot Of The Blood said:
Question:

Ness is good if you pratice.. Who was I fighting against? They were pretty good matches too bad there was too much bad connection

"Weird, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder, so weird is acceptable to me."

Brawl Code:  1934-0329-3819 Pm me if you added me

i just got sonic

naznatips said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
makingmusic476 said:
@WoW: Yeah that was Naznatips. And the brawls were pretty fun, despite being dominated by you and Andy. :P And I can never rememeber who Andy is. ^^

Yay! I'd been looking to seeing Naznatips in the game for a while.

Unfortunately I'm pretty crappy at 4 player, as I'm sure you noticed.

You'd probably beat me 1 on 1 anyway, but yeah, 4 player = bad haha. 

Aw.  What happened to the cocky, confident, "I'm gonna school you when Brawl comes out" Naznatips?

...A lot of people have stopped bragging it seems.

BTW naznatips, you haven't added me yet :( sob sob sob

As for the characters...

Good: Pit, Lucas, Sonic, Wolf, C. Falcon, Zero Suit Samus, Sheik, Ness, Snake, Lucario, Dedede

Not so good: The rest

ness is my main, and I'm good with him. once you learn his attatcks and how to pull off combos he can easily go up againt a fox or marth.

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815