By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

You better make zss T A!! lol but really her low end of D dose seem very low for what she can pull off. I guess same can be said for sheik to a point that is if you use sheik/zelda combo but no one likes to think of them as one! Sheik by her self is better then zelda for the most part.

On another note meta knight soo wrong that he is first by such a large manger i wish they made his ko moves like sheik ko moves in that you have to sweet spot your smash to ko with them or you have to gimp. I mean really sheik may be a bit faster to a point but meta knights speed and rngs should not have that much power behind it!!!

I kind of hope ness gets higher then lukese only because he seems to be able to deal with the top end better then lukese. Um... i only see mid tear really moving the top end i doth will move much at all. The only low end that i can see moving up is PT in that it seems squitrly is a counter for falco.

Well that what i think.

Ya i need to do same for zss and sheik well if i can beat ppl with them i only played online so it will be weard with out the lag lol.

Smash ID: Jski - 0559-6620-9873

Add me if you wish but PM me if you do.

Around the Network

O yes on a side note from what i understan there somthing called SDI i an not sure what it is but it seems to mess up a lot of attks like snakes F titls and N air game and wach back and N air may be meta knights F air/ back and so on..... what is this and how do you do it!?!?!

Basically, I you flick the c-stick in one of the 8 cardinal directions directions during a hit(aka hitlag) your charcter will move a little in that direction before knockback. A nice example is smash the c-stick and the control stick up continuosly during Pika's downsmash. You slowly get knocked out of it from the top. Which is an example of SDI SDI is important for escaping multi hit attacks such as Fox's Uari, Snake's ftilt, Pika's Dsmash, etc. Also it helps you tech some hits easiley like Falco's chaingrab to Dair spike.

Here is a good instructional video on the multiple types of di and many of their applications.

Now is this usufll with online play and its inhartne lag?

Jski said:
Now is this usufll with online play and its inhartne lag?

Depends. With longer moves like Pika's Dsmash, Halberd's lazer, Peach's Dsmash, etc.  its pretty much safe to SDI freely. However msny attacks have much fewer frames of hitlag, meaning it takes near frame perfect timin to get done or great prediction skills. Such as Fox's Uair and the like. It's stil a really good skill to practce and vital in many cases.

Also if you're touching the ground during hitlag you can't SDI up. Just so you know.

Oh and another thing, there is also Auto Smash DI, which you just need to hold the C stick in a direction and not flick it during hitlag. However, auto smash DI's distance is signifacntly less than regular SDI

Around the Network

I hate using SDI with Ike when being quick jabbed by CF, Shiek,Fox and the like because I usually end up doing an fsmash on the opposite side when I get out of the jab and I open myself up to more punishment. Even Marth gets punished.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

iclim4 said:
I hate using SDI with Ike when being quick jabbed by CF, Shiek,Fox and the like because I usually end up doing an fsmash on the opposite side when I get out of the jab and I open myself up to more punishment. Even Marth gets punished.

This gives me ideas :P

So its is agreed that we blame any thing bad on teal list on TGM!

Well, looks like I'm not gonna be online tonight...
I'm sorry Iclim, but it looks like my revenge will have to wait for another day ):

edit: I also want to play insome Marth dittos with you, Iclim. I haven't used Marth for a while.

Why not?
Yeah, Marth Dittos should be fun.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags?