By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

PT is all about knowing you suck >.>

All 3 pokemon have sub par recoveries, and as Ivy you shouldn't even think of leaving the stage for any reason. All 3 pokemon do however have a high knockback throw that is a reliable KO move.

Squirtle is all mind games, he has no range at all but rivals Wario for aerial mobility. Plays a lot like Wario in the air just weaker. Hydoplaning works for a ko with up-smash from accross the stage, but Squirtles most reliable KO move is D-throw. As for his ground game, I suggets staying in the air. His Up-B is easily edgehogged. =/

Ivysaur can rack some damage with Bullet Seed (neutral b) and can chain into it with a canceled N-air. His b-air has some range and hits twice but doesn't really give any safe space once done. F-air KOes, D-air has a very small spiking sweet spot. U-air KOes but is usaully as telegraphed as his U-smash. F-smash and B-throw are probably the most reliable ko moves. Razor Leaf with an Up-B to punish a jump over it works well. Up-B... easily edgehogged.

Charizard is arguably the best of the bunch. Forward-B when landed right can hit for 40%+ in one hit. Up-B DIed at your opponent out of shield can KO. Insane grab range that can grab-release infinite against a wall. D-throw has a pretty high launch power. All 3 tilts KO when sweet spotted. Which is Charizards biggest problem. Almost everything of Charizards has a sweet spot. F-tilt, his flame. D-tilt, tip of his snout. U-tilt, tip of the wings. F-air, just in front of his snout. B-air, his tail flame. N-air, tail flame. U-air, snout. Charizard is the only one you can kind of leave the stage with, as one of his most reliable kills is his D-air spike which has no needed sweet spot to spike. Aside from that his most reliable KOs are D-throw and D-tilt. Always cancel his jab combo into a grab as the 3rd swing will always miss if your opponent even slightly attempts DI.

My Creations in Modnation Racers! Check zhem!
http://community.modnation.com/en-us/players/IvoYaridovich/creations

Around the Network

I wish they made PT set up if you wanted to to where if you die it dose not switch you.

Smash ID: Jski - 0559-6620-9873

Add me if you wish but PM me if you do.

thanks ivo...i figured out alot of that....downthrow with squirtle equals awesome...didn't know about the sweet spots though...ivy back throw and up throw are really good...back throw being the best...his upsmash is really powerful...rock with charizard is ridiculous.....but, i would have to agree that charizard is the best...but i like using ivy though.

super_etecoon said:
Wow @ this thread.

Hey...if I just got Snake in SubSpace Emissary....how far do I have left to go.

If I remember correctly you still have a while to go... what's your percentage?

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
super_etecoon said:
Wow @ this thread.

46 or something.

Why'd they decide to make it so long?  There haven't been any new gameplay elements added...other than the occasional variety in platforms/switches.  Perhaps they should have invited Miyamoto-san over for a few months.

Around the Network

So.. any one getting on tonight!?

Smash ID: Jski - 0559-6620-9873

Add me if you wish but PM me if you do.

TruckOSaurus said:
New tier list out : (Yeah Peach moved up!)

SS Tier
Meta Knight 15.00

S Tier
Snake 13.91

A Tier
Falco 13.03
King Dedede 12.94
Mr. Game & Watch 12.50
Marth 12.09
Diddy Kong 11.94

B Tier
Wario 11.47
R.O.B. 11.38
Lucario 10.94
Olimar 10.94

C Tier
Pikachu 10.34
Kirby 10.16
Donkey Kong 10.06
Ice Climbers 9.59

D Tier
Zero Suit Samus 8.88
Toon Link 8.47
Pit 8.44
Peach 8.16
Wolf 7.91

E Tier
Luigi 7.41
Zelda 7.03
Bowser 6.91
Fox 6.66
Sheik 6.44
Ike 5.91

F Tier
Mario 4.56
Lucas 4.50
Ness 4.50
Samus 4.41
Sonic 4.16
Pokémon Trainer 3.94
Yoshi 3.66

G Tier
Link 2.28
Jigglypuff 2.03
Ganondorf 1.88
Captain Falcon 1.63

this is the official 2.0 tier list....and we see marth by last version standards as top tier......zss, peach, and diddy saw some of the biggest jumps and pit and wolf saw some of the biggest drops

super_etecoon said:
TruckOSaurus said:
super_etecoon said:
Wow @ this thread.

46 or something.

Why'd they decide to make it so long?  There haven't been any new gameplay elements added...other than the occasional variety in platforms/switches.  Perhaps they should have invited Miyamoto-san over for a few months.

It does get repetitive fast but it's still the fastest way to unlock every character in the game. At least, I found the Great Maze (the last stage) more interesting than the rest.

Signature goes here!

^Personally I never would have beaten SSE if I didn't have friends over.
It was boring when played alone, even the great maze.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

TruckOSaurus said:
New tier list out : (Yeah Peach moved up!)

SS Tier
Meta Knight 15.00

S Tier
Snake 13.91

A Tier
Falco 13.03
King Dedede 12.94
Mr. Game & Watch 12.50
Marth 12.09
Diddy Kong 11.94

B Tier
Wario 11.47
R.O.B. 11.38
Lucario 10.94
Olimar 10.94

C Tier
Pikachu 10.34
Kirby 10.16
Donkey Kong 10.06
Ice Climbers 9.59

D Tier
Zero Suit Samus 8.88
Toon Link 8.47
Pit 8.44
Peach 8.16
Wolf 7.91

E Tier
Luigi 7.41
Zelda 7.03
Bowser 6.91
Fox 6.66
Sheik 6.44
Ike 5.91

F Tier
Mario 4.56
Lucas 4.50
Ness 4.50
Samus 4.41
Sonic 4.16
Pokémon Trainer 3.94
Yoshi 3.66

G Tier
Link 2.28
Jigglypuff 2.03
Ganondorf 1.88
Captain Falcon 1.63

Wow, I haven't been to smashboards for almost two weeks...  Yippie at Falco being top of the A tier and Luigi being top of the E tier.  Wtf at Mario's place... Him and Bowser should trade places.  Fox should be higher.

Third member of the Sonic Support Squad.  Member of the Fierce Fox Force.

Click Sonic for my main Youtube channel :D