By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

Riot Of The Blood said:
M2K would destroy any Wario....

He's not that good. 56k mains him, but he NEVER uses him against me in actual sets, just friendlies.

thats not true...and i can prove it.  i seen him consistently use his tornado, because he was getting owned by a wario.  and the wario was grabbing him exactly as the tornado ended.  this guy was a professional wario player, but M2K did win the match.

Around the Network

@ Shea; I love using his sexay fireballs to stop approaches (or limit approach options). I also love to keep it in the air and try to get my opponents off stage to gimp them with Bairs/Nairs.

I just started using him after hearing how Ultra_Luigi (a mod from another site) won the last match of Gamestop's national finals almost instantly with him (or so I was told :3).

well, i can't find the vid, but when i do ill post it.

@ Cox; Are you talking about the Fast1 finals? Is so I also saw that ^-^

I can't wait for Fast2

iclim4 said:

Well I'm calling it a night.
4 hours of brawling. O_O

Great brawls and duels WoW, WaSu, Luin, Tao, Twilit, Shea *Breath* and fred.

Brute dominated, Luin and shizzlee mario dittos with their cape antics were hilarious. Me and tao still make a great team in health recovery in a Free for all.
Ike > Peach in air battle. =P DDD is hard as hell to KO.
And WaSu reminded me how badass DK can be.

Awesome Brawl night for me guys.
Don't forget to show up again next wednesday. ^_^

Yes,I agree with you.

Edit:so then i guess Wednesdays will be Brawl night?

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

Man....you guys sure can play one game a lot. I can't think of a single game that I have played as much as you guys Brawl...not even Super Metroid.

ha, i found it. It was reflex who  beat him (round 1 M2K)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K52jbUjpogM (round 2 M2K)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JupYQym-pMM&feature=related

BOO YAA.....this is a vid of him being beat by wario
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpLNJP58ixI&feature=related (Round 3 Reflex)

After round 3 he went to Triple D

I already seen Reflex vs M2K. Wario is not that great.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Reflex owns with Wario! i say he breaks top 5 when the official tiers come out. he has some of the most potentiel.

luinil said:
shizzlee said:

Luin uses Mario?!! Pretty good Mario. May I ask why you don't use cape and/or Fluud? They normally help you kill an opponent by stopping their recovery and Fluud makes you heavier when it is charged. Other than that, good job if you just started using him.  I could give you some tips if you want.

Tips from a Master Mario? YES PLEASE! Yeah I just started using him a day or two ago. I need more practice with cape and Fluud, that is the main reason I don't use them. I often miss or miss-time those and as a result I am better off trying to dodge or spike. Your team would piss me off. I would do well the first stock but after that I would get pwned...

I just used him out of whimsy and took a small liking to him. Though I REALLY need to learn how to recover... I am terribly inconsistent on that...

We should duel/brawl more often so I can pick things up, if you don't mind...

Btw, what is Mario's best approach?

My longest post.

Mario has three main approaches.(In order from most effective to least.)

Two short hop bairs(Two can be done in one short hop, but the timing is very hard.  One is just fine)

Short hop fireball(Or you could do two in a full jump)

Short hop dair

Some other approaches you could use are:

Cape

Uair

Mario can combo in the air.  At low percents, you could probably get in two uairs or a uair and a bair.  I would suggest using the uair after a down throw.  Don't become predictable and use it too much because it can be escaped.

If you played Melee and used Doctor Mario before, then that is what the first part of Mario's fair is like.  It send your opponent up instead of down.  The second half of the attack is the spike.

The Fluud is kind of dependant on the situation.  It pushes someone back.  For maximum push back, you want to aim the Fluud for your opponent's head.  Never use the Fluud when your opponent is recovering from under the stage.  When Fluud is not enough, you want to follow with the cape.  The cape is all-around better than the Fluud for edgeguarding, but the Fluud can help a little bit.  Fluud makes you heavier, which means you will last longer if it is fully charged.  The cape has a good amount of pushback and your opponent is turned around.  This is very helpful against characters who recoveries are kind of slow. 

That is all I know.  Also, if you do a forward smash in the opposite direction that Mario is facing, he takes a step forward which extends the range of the smash attack.  Use this for mindgames.

Edit:  One more thing, Mario's cape stall.  If you are hanging on the edge, and you cape in the other direction then Mario should automatically grab the edge again and he will have invincibility frames again.

Edit:  Also, here is a Mario Info vid since a video is better than words.  I am still learning how to do some of this stuff myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAN51jWDFm8

Third member of the Sonic Support Squad.  Member of the Fierce Fox Force.

Click Sonic for my main Youtube channel :D