By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

IvoYarido said:

Theres always me Riot :p Playing the CPU actually kind of helps for this game. The AIs not completely retarded, but it does have one quirck. If you throw them you can usually continually run up and repeatedly throw them with no retaliation. Not every level of CPU takes it but most do.

@New Guy. I've never seen an Ike get passed the first round without counterpicking a character. Ike may work well online but offline his weaknesses truly get exploited. I myself have never come close to losing to an Ike offline with my chosen mains.

Well, online and offline are two different things. Online, you have to change how you play to compensate for the lag...and offline, you don't, obviously enough.

I will say that my Ike is better offline, than when he's online. Also, I'd have to take into consideration your persistance towards not losing to an Ike. I know how it is to not want to lose to a certain character. So...it'd make for an interesting Brawl.

As for the point of all this, I don't know... xD

Wait, what?

Brawl Code - Well...ask. :D

Around the Network

Online I'm not that good, but I wouldn't mind playing against your Ike. I rely a lot on spacing and brick walls but it doesn't work online too well.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

iclim4 said:
-Dash-Myoku- said:
Yeeeah...that was cheap, my bad. I've gotten use to doing so from playing "Anyone." They think they're hot shit til they're caught by Ike's sword mid-taunt. Just puttin' the cherry on top, so to speak. xD

But yeah, nice Ike. I wish I knew of some tournie's around my area. I'd love to try it out...just to see where I stand. lol

Your Ike's pretty solid aswell.

As long as you understand.
You should drop by more often.
Looking forward to playing you again.

You should duel Riot if you're that curious.
He got the top 3 spot at his tourney.
Of course, online doesnt equal offline skill, or so I've heard.

Oh, I'll probably be hangin' around these forums for a while. I don't currently go to any forums on a regular basis anymore...and Brawl kicks ass. So yeah...

Riot, you say? I guess it wouldn't hurt to Brawl with him (as he reads this). And yes, the two are very different...but in the end, only the better is standing. Or something like that. xD

Wait, what?

Riot Of The Blood said:
Online I'm not that good, but I wouldn't mind playing against your Ike. I rely a lot on spacing and brick walls but it doesn't work online too well.

woot. And yeah...that kinda stuff doesn't mix well with online. I dunno, we'll see what happens.

And for the record...I HATE Meta Knight. Not cause he's a bad character...he's just a bitch for Ike to fight. lol

Wait, what?

The best Ike I played is Monj.

Iclim just knows how to use his brain. You think something is a free hit but it isn't.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network
-Dash-Myoku- said:
Oh, I'll probably be hangin' around these forums for a while. I don't currently go to any forums on a regular basis anymore...and Brawl kicks ass. So yeah...

Riot, you say? I guess it wouldn't hurt to Brawl with him (as he reads this). And yes, the two are very different...but in the end, only the better is standing. Or something like that. xD

How the hell did you come across VGChartz for Brawl anyway?
Also, you should've been here when Brawl just came out, we were all pretty much online every night. 
Those were pretty good times.

Riot Of The Blood said:

Iclim just knows how to use his brain. You think something is a free hit but it isn't.

The best Ike I know is probably... ME! =P
I kid, I kid.
I think I haven't met an Ike I can consider the best.

Thanks man.
And you just know how to combo and space like crazy.
I still think your meta is much more superior compared to your Marth on that aspect.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Well, I was looking up on how to make my Ike better...out of boredum. Google gave me a link to the other thread, "Your thoughts on Ike" or whatever it is. Read a little bit, decided to sign up and...well, here I am. xD

Ah, it wouldn't have mattered. When Brawl came out, we had a shitty router...couldn't connect to others or anything. So I spent money on a new router and got it working maybe...a month or two ago.

Wait, what?

dammit!

I keep pushing forward thinking I can parry.

My code: 4553 9664 2171

Riot Of The Blood said:

lol, I can vouche for that. I use part-brain, part-spur of the moment.

Usually, it works out.

Wait, what?

Riot Of The Blood said:
dammit!

I keep pushing forward thinking I can parry.

My code: 4553 9664 2171

4897-5693-7065

I'm not up for Brawling right now, though. Our A/C is out...and it's hot as hell. I mean...I'm sweating and I've been known to get really angry at a game. xD

Wait, what?