By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony is about to win 2 generations in 1

HikenNoAce said:
madmaniac said:
Wii has already won 7th generation. Nothing can be done about that anymore!

The Wii cannot win if they don't sell more than the competition.

It would take about 4+ years for PS3 to catch up to Wii, if that, given how Wii still sells a few million per year and PS3 sales will drop off in 2014 and beyond.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
HikenNoAce said:
madmaniac said:

It would take about 4+ years for PS3 to catch up to Wii, if that, given how Wii still sells a few million per year and PS3 sales will drop off in 2014 and beyond.

Nopes, the PS3 won't drop off.

sales2099 said:
HikenNoAce said:
madmaniac said:

apparently winning a generation means being last place during most of the time when the said generation has been relevant. I don't see how surpassing the Wii when the passing gen is irrelevant and the next generation is in full swing constitutes a win. Grasping straws to be honest.

HikenNoAce said:
sales2099 said:

Apparently this thread doesn't either!

mii-gamer said:
sales2099 said:
HikenNoAce said:
madmaniac said:

apparently winning a generation means being last place during most of the time when the said generation has been relevant. I don't see how surpassing the Wii when the passing gen is irrelevant and the next generation is in full swing constitutes a win. Grasping straws to be honest.

No, winning a generation is selling the highest number of consoles. That's a fact. And I don't see how being first for most of the race makes you automatically the winner. Common sense people.

Around the Network
mii-gamer said:
sales2099 said:

lol totally agree. Whos gonna care in 2018 IF PS3 takes over Wii?

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

HikenNoAce said:
mii-gamer said:
sales2099 said:
HikenNoAce said:
madmaniac said:

No, winning a generation is selling the highest number of consoles. That's a fact. And I don't see how being first for most of the race makes you automatically the winner. Common sense people.

If you seriosuly think PS3 winning over Wii in 2018 or something has any relevance at the time, then ya.......thats facepalm worthy.

HikenNoAce said:
mii-gamer said:
sales2099 said:
HikenNoAce said:
madmaniac said:

The Wii demolished and destroyed  the PS3 in sales when the 7th generation was the most relevant. That is a fact. You said it yourself, this is a race. The 7th gen race will end when all the next gen console arrive. The Wii came in first, Ps3 second, and xbox in last place. Simple and it is common sense,  i don't see why we should wait for the ps3 to catch up to the Wii. Why should we wait 2-3 years to declare the winner especially when the necxt race is about to begin. What makes sony so special? Why should we give them special consideration? 

No one will care if it does. Not sony, nor  Microsoft, nor Nintendo, nor any developers, nor any publishers. Just .001% of the community grasping for straws.

Wii won just accept and move on

mii-gamer said:

The Wii demolished and destroyed  the PS3 in sales when the 7th generation was the most relevant. That is a fact. You said it yourself, this is a race. The 7th gen race will end when all the next gen console arrive. The Wii came in first, Ps3 second, and xbox in last place. Simple and it is common sense,  i don't see why we should wait for the ps3 to catch up to the Wii. Why should we wait 2-3 years to declare the winner especially when the necxt race is about to begin. What makes sony so special? Why should we give them special consideration? 

No one will care if it does. Not sony, nor  Microsoft, nor Nintendo, nor any developers, nor any publishers. Just .001% of the community grasping for straws.

Wii won just accept and move on

Don't care. If when all is said and done the Wii isn't the console with the highest number of units sold then it lost. It's that simple.

HikenNoAce said:
sales2099 said:
HikenNoAce said:
madmaniac said:

And around we go again. Hiken, let's revist this in 2 years and see where we are at, regarding this topic.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com