By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Which console do you think looks the best?

Xbox One 48 8.19%

PS4 361 61.60%

Wii U 102 17.41%

None, THEY all ugly!! 75 12.80%

Total:586

Realistically, the Xbone looked pretty good except that it's massive. Granted the original PS3 was too but Sony was smart to make it curved like that. Sony didnt want people to put other things on top of their console if people were to; making the PS3 having to be on the top. Whereas with the Xbone, people can put their other dvd player on top or stereo system etc..

The PS4 looked slick and smaller than the original PS3 and Xbone, I feel like its around the same size as the first slim PS3.

The Wii U looked good tho a bit too much curvy around that reminds me of one of those kiddy consoles you buy for kids to hook up to TV and learn stuff. But I guess they wanted to differentiate it from the original Wii being all sharp. (The original Wii was the best looking console this gen, tho with little stuff it packed with made the design alot easier and smaller)

Around the Network

i really don't like that the only USB-Ports of the PS4 are in front. i like to hide my cables.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Lafiel said:
JEMC said:
Lafiel said:

the backside is basically all vents on the PS4:

Wow, talking about vents! Ok, now we see where the air is going out, but from where does it go in?

And I see an optical, HDMI, lan and I don't know what is the other connection (an USB?). How many USB ports does it have?

as I have yet to see any other vents I suppose it goes in on the lower back side vents and comes out through the upper vents

the official specs list 2 USB 3.0 (at the front), HDMI, optical, lan as you said and then there is the "aux" input at the back, which might be a dedicated port for the PSEye

Oh yeah, the PSEye. I didn't know it used a special conector, I assumed it used USB.

And 2 USB 3.0 is ok-ish, I'm sure some will make an accessory to make those 2 into 4 or something, otherwise with one almost always used to recharge the controller some will complain about it.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I really like it, looks awesome

I really don't think either of them look good. But, the PS4 looks like it's a good bit smaller. Which is good.

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
soulsamurai said:
After looking at this i kinda come to a bit of a possible worry : ....I don't really see any vents on that thing and with the price of the thing it makes me worry a bit about cheap manufacturing....

the backside is basically all vents on the PS4:

A hot damn vents a plenty. I do wish they could have been in the front though.....with that many that would look pretty fugly so i can see why it's in the back.

I just don't like heat building p ain a little enclosed space on my entertainment center.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

i bet they grow on people these new designs

Above & Beyond

I don't like any of the new designs.

Well the design isn't that impressive, but certainly better than the Xbox One.

The PS4 looks super slim when standing up...I don't think the pictures are doing it justice. For me the size gives it the edge of the Xbone.

WiiU is very simple design and beats both the PS4 and Xbone because its not a very divisive design.

I hate the two tone colours and materials used. Since when did that become the "IN" thing??

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|