By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Which console do you think looks the best?

Xbox One 48 8.19%

PS4 361 61.60%

Wii U 102 17.41%

None, THEY all ugly!! 75 12.80%

Total:586

I don't get how people are saying it's ugly. It looks classy as fuck

Around the Network

I don't love it and I don't hate it.

After looking at this i kinda come to a bit of a possible worry : ....I don't really see any vents on that thing and with the price of the thing it makes me worry a bit about cheap manufacturing....

What I'm trying to get at is....is this a possible lead in to another red ring or yellow low of death issue? I'm going to assume this thing is going to kick off some heat...

I'm not trying to bash on it i really like the design and plan on getting one for destiny and that capcom game called "deep down" but consoles haven't really been reliable the past two gens on launches.....at least on ps2, ps3 somewhat, and definently the 360.

Also question for a different topic....why don't console blow hot air forward and suck from the back? As someone who who puts his game in an entertainment center that is usually boxed in and knowing most people keep theirs close to a wall.....this kicks up a lot of heat and makes it recycle it back in the system. if it blew forward problem solved...

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

They all look quite unappealing - honestly, there are way better mockups to be found on the net, so not sure what where they thinking.

Xbone isn't great, but it looks slightly better than PS4. Wii U and Vita beat both.

But it's just a hunk of plastic and metal and glass. As long as the games are there.

Around the Network

I really like the design for the PS4 but of course I haven't held it and seen it in person yet. It looks like a tribute to the PS2 and PS3 rolled into one. As for Xbox One, I despise Moneysoft and I probably won't ever get the xbox one but I don't see any problems with the design. It doesn't look bad either as long as it's not heavier than the old fat PS3.

WiiU>>>>PS4>>>>>>>>.>>>>>>>>XBone

PS4 looks significantly smaller than XBone.

They are all ugly, but the PS4 is the least ugly in my opinion.

The PS4 is the ugliest console I have ever seen. It even "out-ugliets" the PS3 superslim.

The controller looks awesome (finally ergonomic not like the PS123 monster) but the console  OMG.... everyone liking it is either lying to themselves or SEEMS to have no taste at all. (SEEMS implies the possibility I am not saying you have no taste so  CHILL)

________

Original and Slim Ps3 FTW!!!!

I AM BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

PullusPardus said:

It looks like this guy.

Thank goodness its not Matte.

Oh God!  Cannot unsee!

OT:  Honestly I like the Xbox One more.

The Xbox One could have been thinner, but it is what it is.  It may not be inspiring, but it isn't fugly.

I think if the PS4 had a more verticle design, i.e. fewer slanted edges, it would have looked good.  But then WHY didn't Sony make the size of the side with the Blu-Ray drive be aligned with the larger retangular area of the console?  Instead, the Blu-Ray drive straddles the two halves of the console.  It doesn't make the lines clean by any means at all.  Poor astetics, especially when you consider how simple it would have been to flip the spacing so the bigger side included the Blu-Ray drive.  It's a confusing design.

Sorry to you Wii U fans, but the Wii U console does nothing for me.

Honestly, all in all, the Wii U and PS4 don't do much for me.  As someone who bought specific audio equipment in order to get a unified look, the Xbox One is consistent with that look.  It works.  It's not trying to be anything but what it is.  It's not trying to look cool, it's just trying to blend in.

BTW.  Not a fan of the new Xbox 360 design.  I liked the Xbox 360 S design better.