By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are these the playable E3 games @ Best Buy?

As (sadly) a Best Buy employee... let me say the following...

Obviously, this is a completely unofficial thing. Even so, there are a couple of things that seem off...

We're not allowed to post up signs like that. This would be a HUGE issue, particularly if reps from Nintendo are coming to help with the demos as I would assume.

Furthermore Best Buy Corporate is very strict with what we can and can't put out... What I mean by this is that we can't put anything out that isn't sent to us by Best Buy corporate. We CAN create and print out material that is meant to be handed out to customer. It's a weird rule, but there you have it.

As far as I know, there has been no indication from Nintendo what the games will be (and believe me I've asked). My store will not be getting the demos, but even if so I'm not sure why Nintendo would feel the need to give that info to people on the store level. Seems like a leak waiting to happen.

Typically, any sign we have will be put on some sort of Best Buy header or custom sign.

There have been inaccurate signs like this at Best Buy such as when Diablo III's February 1st release date was "leaked".

I think this is legit in the sense that it was made by a Best Buy employee. It was made by a very stupid Best Buy employee who was dumb enough not only to make this (mistake # 1) but also dumb enough to identify their store (mistake # 2). Whoever is in charge of that department and that store is likely going to be in some trouble... Really, if Best Buy gets a big deal like this (well maybe not such a big deal with those games lol) and your store leaks information it's kind of a major problem. The kind of problem that may make Nintendo think twice about doing a promotion like this with Best Buy in the future and the kind of problem that may cost someone their job.

The question is whether the employee had any actual knowledge of the games shown. It is possible that these are just guesses, perhaps based on the silhouettes on Nintendo's E3 website. The choices seem a little stange considering I'd expect something that shows off the Wii U features a bit better, but then again, this is the company that decided to load all of our demo units with Rayman Legends instead of something like Nintendo Land, so who the hell knows,

Around the Network

I think that might be it yeah... I'm quite sure WW will be playable!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Well I certainly wouldn't mind playing any of those games, but I'm really hoping to try Mario Kart 8, and with that, I'ma hope this be fake. Plus as many people said already, those games aren't likely to make anyone run out and buy a Wii U. Tommorow we'll know for sure though!