By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why box one's take on DRM is bad.

I think this guy say's it the best. So those few of you on the fourms saying "oh this dosn't effect me", "I don't care". Well think about this and how the furture of gaming is going to be destroyed by the Xbox one.

Around the Network

holy crap i just posted about this in another thread :P well somewhat related, but still he gets that

kowenicki said:

"The target demographic for video games is poor people"

Garbage. 

Got bored after 5 minutes of his tale of how he personally only does downloads and doesn't ever buy used or rent and it wont affect him.... BUT, but he is special because he is lower middle class apparently.

This guy is held up repeatedly, when he is actually just... some guy.

Soo tell me if the average gamer is between the ages of 14 - 30, tell me who in that age Bracket isn't above middle class? Cause as the majority stands that age group is one of the poorest in the world. Are you higher then Middle Class?(rhetorical) cause i sure as hell am not, and i'm not some idiot workin a minimum wage, but im not living comfortably either. He is right with this economy being the way it is, it's VERY hard to have a good life and enjoy video games. And also he has a very good point about when he was young with how he would have never discovered certain games if wasnt able to borrow or rent them, I felt like he was speaking for me because in that sense some of my most favorite games I discoverd were from friends letting me borrow them and also goin down to the Store and renting some of the Just released games. And I am pretty sure you have found Some good games AND some bad ones when you rented or borrowed them, so really it is so beneficial to keep things the way they are.

kowenicki said:
Muffin31190 said:
kowenicki said:

Garbage. 

Got bored after 5 minutes of his tale of how he personally only does downloads and doesn't ever buy used or rent and it wont affect him.... BUT, but he is special because he is lower middle class apparently.

Soo tell me if the average gamer is between the ages of 14 - 30, tell me who in that age Bracket isn't above middle class? Cause as the majority stands that age group is one of the poorest in the world. Are you higher then Middle Class?(rhetorical) cause i sure as hell am not, and i'm not some idiot workin a minimum wage, but im not living comfortably either. He is right with this economy being the way it is, it's VERY hard to have a good life and enjoy video games. And also he has a very good point about when he was young with how he would have never discovered certain games if wasnt able to borrow or rent them, I felt like he was speaking for me because in that sense some of my most favorite games I discoverd were from friends letting me borrow them and also goin down to the Store and renting some of the Just released games. And I am pretty sure you have found Some good games AND some bad ones when you rented or borrowed them, so really it is so beneficial to keep things the way they are.

He said "poor people"

did you even read what i said ....

Muffin31190 said:
kowenicki said:

Garbage. 

Same with me, I got my first NES system because my dad was able to pick it up used for 100 dollars with 10 games. That is the only reason I ever got to play Zelda and Mario when I was a kid. If we cut out used games or loaning and renting then we are cutting out a large group of people that will one day become paying gamers, like i am today. The used game market/renting is all part of the ecosystem, take away part of it and there’s a good chance it's going to crash.

Don't worry about him, he'll side with MS no matter what they do.

Around the Network
Mmmfishtacos said:
Muffin31190 said:
kowenicki said:

Garbage. 

Same with me, I got my first NES system because my dad was able to pick it up used for 100 dollars with 10 games. That is the only reason I ever got to play Zelda and Mario when I was a kid. If we cut out used games or loaning and renting then we are cutting out a large group of people that will one day become paying gamers, like i am today. The used game market/renting is all part of the ecosystem, take away part of it and there’s a good chance it's going to crash.

Kk so yeah i know i'm not alone with this and it's looking like the majority of the internet is also on our side, but yeah this is how we grew up it's not like we can just be expected to give up how we play games and then just go along with the motions ..... ARGGGHHHHHHHH this makes me so infuriated that people think this is FINE and it will have no impact on how they play games, I gaurentee these same people will buy a game that they hate and guess what ... they just wasted 60 bucks on a game they will never play again, or they will trade it in to a "Certified" dealer that will obviously screw them over on price for what its actually worth.
... *huge sigh* ...
so sad

Muffin31190 said:

Kk so yeah i know i'm not alone with this and it's looking like the majority of the internet is also on our side, but yeah this is how we grew up it's not like we can just be expected to give up how we play games and then just go along with the motions ..... ARGGGHHHHHHHH this makes me so infuriated that people think this is FINE and it will have no impact on how they play games, I gaurentee these same people will buy a game that they hate and guess what ... they just wasted 60 bucks on a game they will never play again, or they will trade it in to a "Certified" dealer that will obviously screw them over on price for what its actually worth.
... *huge sigh* ...
so sad

Yes, and this is just the tip of the iceberg. It's only going to get worst from here. Just imagin all the stuff that MS hasn't told us yet..When live is required to play a game at all, I'm going to roll over laughing. Now you no longer own anyhing, it's all renting from MS. 

Muffin31190 said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
Muffin31190 said:
kowenicki said:

Garbage. 

... *huge sigh* ...
so sad

There are these things called demos in this day and age. They used to be exclusive to PC, but now all handhelds and consoles have them too. For those games without playable demos, you also have free access to dozens of gameplay videos and reviews on the world wide web.

Mmmfishtacos said:

Yes, and this is just the tip of the iceberg. It's only going to get worst from here. Just imagin all the stuff that MS hasn't told us yet..When live is required to play a game at all, I'm going to roll over laughing. Now you no longer own anyhing, it's all renting from MS. 

uggg that makes me sick doent give them ideas

Trunkin said:

There are these things called demos in this day and age. They used to be exclusive to PC, but now all handhelds and consoles have them too. For those games without playable demos, you also have free access to dozens of gameplay videos and reviews on the world wide web.

Just because everyone likes a game doesnt mean I will, and also not all Demos actually show what the entire game is like, and one more thing please dont talk down to me.