By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why box one's take on DRM is bad.

oniyide said:
scat398 said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
scat398 said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
scat398 said:
I think I'm just about at my wits end with all of these takers. An entire generation that wants everything for next to free and god forbid if you actually want to make a profit in this world. I hope ms just goes completely digital and I hope all the publishers just go digital as well and then free loaders of the world can sit and remember the days when they stole someone else's intellectual property copied it a million times and sent it all over the world and then had the nerve to ask the question, " why are you mad at me?"

Oh please, no one said anything about free. People are made because we bought it we should do what we want with it. And this has nothing to with pirating. 

Oh please yourself,  the whole "it's mine I bought it" is complete bs.  That's was never the intention of the market and now that they can finally handle the distribution of their product the way they want to all the takers are up in arms because reality has slapped them in the face.  Go digital once and for all and end the misery of the whiners of the world.

No it's not, I buy something it's mine. End of story. 

Oh don't worry there is an end to the story and its the reality that you clearly are not going to be happy with.

So... you buy everything new? How about your house? Or your car? Do you have either of those? Cause if you do and you didnt buy them new, then that makes you a hypocrite. Hell what about those hundred dollar school books?

You mean a video game is the same as my house? Holy shit I own the lumber company that provided the wood, I own that fat ass plumber that did the piping, holy shit I own electricity! I'm rich. 

Nobody in their right mind sees games (an intellectual property) the same as your house, even drawing that comparisons makes your comment one of if not the worst comment on his thread, but you stick with that theory and see how that works out for you in about five years.

Around the Network
scat398 said:
oniyide said:
scat398 said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
scat398 said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
scat398 said:
I think I'm just about at my wits end with all of these takers. An entire generation that wants everything for next to free and god forbid if you actually want to make a profit in this world. I hope ms just goes completely digital and I hope all the publishers just go digital as well and then free loaders of the world can sit and remember the days when they stole someone else's intellectual property copied it a million times and sent it all over the world and then had the nerve to ask the question, " why are you mad at me?"

Oh please, no one said anything about free. People are made because we bought it we should do what we want with it. And this has nothing to with pirating. 

Oh please yourself,  the whole "it's mine I bought it" is complete bs.  That's was never the intention of the market and now that they can finally handle the distribution of their product the way they want to all the takers are up in arms because reality has slapped them in the face.  Go digital once and for all and end the misery of the whiners of the world.

No it's not, I buy something it's mine. End of story. 

Oh don't worry there is an end to the story and its the reality that you clearly are not going to be happy with.

So... you buy everything new? How about your house? Or your car? Do you have either of those? Cause if you do and you didnt buy them new, then that makes you a hypocrite. Hell what about those hundred dollar school books?

You mean a video game is the same as my house? Holy shit I own the lumber company that provided the wood, I own that fat ass plumber that did the piping, holy shit I own electricity! I'm rich. 

Nobody in their right mind sees games (an intellectual property) the same as your house, even drawing that comparisons makes your comment one of if not the worst comment on his thread, but you stick with that theory and see how that works out for you in about five years.

Fail, whats the difference between me buying a car or house or game or music cd and doing whatever the hell i want with those. AFTER i have paid the money to buy them? A product is a product.

In a nutshell everything is different and I won't bother going into it but if you don't understand there is no point in discussing it.

scat398 said:

In a nutshell everything is different and I won't bother going into it but if you don't understand there is no point in discussing it.

you wont bother going into it, cause you have no argument, dont have to lie to me bro. You can see yourself out.

People use to think DRM had to exist for digital Music to work as well, they were also idiots, now the only place we see DRM in music is on rental services.

But yeah lets bring it back, how fun will it be on holiday having to find an internet cafe to authorize your music online every 24 hours! I personally cant wait for this all DRM future on digital products. GO IDIOTS!

Around the Network

The house and car comparisons are idiotic at best. You never own your house since property taxes have to be paid. You just used your own argument against. Your house could be completely paid off and still lose your home if you don't pay property taxes on it.
Secondly the car argument is ridiculous. A car is not like a video game in any way shape or form. The reason cars have a used market and nobody complains is because there actually is a distinguishable difference between a new car and a used car. If I purchase a Mustang with 60,000 miles on it I am doing so knowing that the warranty doesn't cover the car anymore and the car will need maintenance to keep it running. I also know it will not run as well as a new car regardless. If cars always stayed in perfect working condition then you can damn well be sure there would be no used market because nobody would buy a new car for more money when you get the exact same thing for cheaper used.
Games on the other hand have the exact same function no matter how old they are. Either the game works or it doesn't. Nobody would pay for a game that doesn't work but if you buy a used copy for $20 you expect it to work the exact same as a new copy for $50 don't you? When you buy a used car for $10,000 you know there will be tradeoffs on certain things and it won't be as nice as the new version for $20,000. You can't argue with this.

If the Xbox One was digital only there would be no 24 hr check. The only reason it is there is because physical discs are still sold and they don't want people installing that disc on 10 different consoles and unplugging them from the internet. Once they stop selling discs you will see that 24 hr check disappear.

Xenostar said:
People use to think DRM had to exist for digital Music to work as well, they were also idiots, now the only place we see DRM in music is on rental services.

But yeah lets bring it back, how fun will it be on holiday having to find an internet cafe to authorize your music online every 24 hours! I personally cant wait for this all DRM future on digital products. GO IDIOTS!

this