By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - CoD Ghosts U - Do you want?

Tagged games:

CoD: Ghost U

hell yeah! 81 47.65%

No, I will pass 54 31.76%

Nobody buy a 3rd party ga... 34 20.00%

Total:169
EricFabian said:
MTZehvor said:

Note the first sentence of the post where the "so many better games" part is mentioned. :p

I don't particularly care either way. I certainly won't buy it if it is; CoD games have been a pile of mediocrity at best since the original MW, and the fact that this is yet another "year after" release is giving me no reason to believe that this will be any different. 

Personally, I would love another Okami as well, but whether CoD gets a Wii U release or not has no bearing whatsoever on whether or not a new Okami gets released, so meh. 

I don't really have any objections to it, so if Activision wants to bring another one to the Wii U even after its employees complained about how poorly it sold, then go for it, I guess. I certainly won't shed any tears if it doesn't come, though, and I doubt the system will be any worse off for it either.

But it can help sales, I think....

I sincerely doubt it. Very few people would buy a Wii U to play the next CoD game, especially when there are far cheaper console options avaliable at this point. Add that to the fact that most people buy CoD for the online, and Nintendo is synonymous for not having many people in its online communities, and there's little reason to believe it would boost Wii U sales at all.

Around the Network

Only if they make good used of the Wii U's power.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

The moment the game is announced I will buy BLOPS2. Why? Because that way I know I'll be supporting a company that is supporting Nintendo.

MTZehvor said:

I sincerely doubt it. Very few people would buy a Wii U to play the next CoD game, especially when there are far cheaper console options avaliable at this point. Add that to the fact that most people buy CoD for the online, and Nintendo is synonymous for not having many people in its online communities, and there's little reason to believe it would boost Wii U sales at all.

sure nobody will buy a Wii U JUST to play CoD, but if a console has a lot of games, sure people buy it

Click HERE and be happy 

It wouldn't be a surprise if it did come to Wii U. They consider it a next gen and if it did or didn't sell on the console, they can afford the risk. Plus by then the install base for the Wii U would have grown by then. Its up to Nintendo, to advertise the game, make it appealing to you should by the Wii U version, especially with the huge Summer Update which I heard suppose to improve loads, friend chats, software speed, etc.

Besides, its not like the Xbox One is the popular choice right now. lol

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Around the Network
EricFabian said:
MTZehvor said:

sure nobody will buy a Wii U JUST to play CoD, but if a console has a lot of games, sure people buy it

A lot of games...that are exclusive to that platform. No one is going to buy a Wii U because it plays a game that a console they can get for $100 at Gamestop can play as well. People will start buying a Wii U when there are enough high quality games on it that people can't get elsewhere.

It's the exact same reason the 3DS went from failing to incredibly successful in the span of less than a year. The 3DS had a ton of high quality, exclusive games that people couldn't get elsewhere, like FE: Awakening, Luigi's Mansion 2, RE: Revelations, NSMB2, PM: Sticker Star, KH: Drop Distance, KI: Uprising, and most recently, the new Animal Crossing. All of these are games that you can't get anywhere else (with the exception of RE: Revelations, which was exclusive until just recently). People will buy Wii Us when they can play games on it that they can't play elsewhere (or, at least, when the Wii U is the cheapest option avaliable to play the games they want, which won't be the case until the 360/PS3 stop having games being developed for them).

Once enough people have bought the system, then third party games that are avaliable on all plats can sell well. 

no, CoD has huge balance issue's in multiplayer. somehow snipers are the best gun to use close range. you see snipers running around the map while people with assult rifles hide and camp. WTF

Technically it shouldn't have a problem running on Wii U since it's not based on cutting-edge graphics technology. Though it's hard to imagine Activision jumping on board after how well Black Ops 2 sold.

Though Wii U is still getting Assassin's Creed IV, so that logic doesn't necessarily apply.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

MTZehvor said:

I don't particularly care either way. I certainly won't buy it if it is; CoD games have been a pile of mediocrity at best since the original MW, and the fact that this is yet another "year after" release is giving me no reason to believe that this will be any different. 

normally i agree with you.  Zombie mode is pretty fun, but the year after year grind is rediculous.  However, i'm actually really intrigued with ghosts this year.  It looks like the 1st cod game with an interesting plot.  Love the 2 screen co-op black ops had

CarcharodonKraz said:
MTZehvor said:

normally i agree with you.  Zombie mode is pretty fun, but the year after year grind is rediculous.  However, i'm actually really intrigued with ghosts this year.  It looks like the 1st cod game with an interesting plot.  Love the 2 screen co-op black ops had

For what it's worth, I thought the original MW had a decent plotline, but whatever. Considering that the majority of the time discussing the game was spent on how realistic they can make a dog, arm hair, and fish look, I can't say I have incredibly high hopes.

Perhaps I'll be wrong, but I've lost all faith in the big name reviewers, so I won't know until several months aftewards most likely (whenever one of my friends inevitably gets it).

It pains me a lot, though, to watch series like Fire Emblem and Okami (both of which were brought up earlier in this thread) either be most likely done for due to lack of sales or in the position where they have to reach a sales limit in order to have a chance at a sequel, while copy/pastad and uninnovative series like CoD sell in the dozens of millions each year...but life's never fair, I suppose.