By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony E3 Prediction Thread:Come check your results!

Sony e3!

Hell yaaaaa 61 31.61%

Bring it 8 4.15%

Sony, Sony 10 5.18%

All my dreams 7 3.63%

I'm getting teary eyed 9 4.66%

Yes, yes,yes 2 1.04%

hype, hype 7 3.63%

Dammit where is vs 13 and the last guardian! 38 19.69%

PS4!!! 38 19.69%

Who am I? Where am I? 12 6.22%

Total:192

i also would like to predict that after annoucing the price he pulls an Oprah and is like "EVERYONE LOOK UNDER YOUR CHAIR." then everyone and it's a "Full year PS Plus."

Or like Square Enix annouce that they're being bought by Sony and renamed "Square Soft" and and then say they are making a FF Vll remake.

And Final Fantasy XV and Final Final Fantasy  Vs.Xlll.

then after the show Sony and Nintedo start making fun of Microsoft.

Around the Network

I wonder if Guerrilla managed to get a tesselation engine in place for the game. 40k polys for a first lod model is a lot lower than what I am expecting this gen.

darkknightkryta said:
I wonder if Guerrilla managed to get a tesselation engine in place for the game. 40k polys for a first lod model is a lot lower than what I am expecting this gen.

Well when compared to killzone 3 which only had 10,000 for the helghast, 40,000 is a big jump.  Especially just for NPC's.  That's a lot of polys for a character that won't be on screen all of 2-3 minutes at the least.  40,000k is also more than most games had this gen for main characters.

nnodley said:
darkknightkryta said:

Well when compared to killzone 3 which only had 10,000 for the helghast, 40,000 is a big jump.  Especially just for NPC's.  That's a lot of polys for a character that won't be on screen all of 2-3 minutes at the least.  40,000k is also more than most games had this gen for main characters.

Which is why I question a tesselation engine.  They could easily bump that number up 10 fold.  Like, this is still an early game, and I think it looks amazing all the same.

Around the Network
darkknightkryta said:
nnodley said:
darkknightkryta said:

Which is why I question a tesselation engine.  They could easily bump that number up 10 fold.  Like, this is still an early game, and I think it looks amazing all the same.

Idk, I tried finding any info on it, but there is nothing.  I think they could have something in the works at least.  All that polygon info I think was for the demo build and very early optimizations they had done.  We'll see at E3 if the upgrade to 8GB ram is helping.

Sony WINS!

nnodley said:
darkknightkryta said:
nnodley said:
darkknightkryta said:

Idk, I tried finding any info on it, but there is nothing.  I think they could have something in the works at least.  All that polygon info I think was for the demo build and very early optimizations they had done.  We'll see at E3 if the upgrade to 8GB ram is helping.

The ram won't actually help with that, drawing triangles is processing dependant.  I was just curious cause they mentioned a lot of effects.  i mean using ray tracing for reflections.  The overall quality of the normal maps is better.  The lighting is amazing.  I was just hoping to see "Next gen" tesselation since tesselation in current games isn't too noticeable.

Something for vita fans

Dragon Dogma Quest

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/07/dragons-dogma-quest-announced-for-ps-vita

darkknightkryta said:
nnodley said:
darkknightkryta said:
nnodley said:
darkknightkryta said:

The ram won't actually help with that, drawing triangles is processing dependant.  I was just curious cause they mentioned a lot of effects.  i mean using ray tracing for reflections.  The overall quality of the normal maps is better.  The lighting is amazing.  I was just hoping to see "Next gen" tesselation since tesselation in current games isn't too noticeable.

Oh I know the ram won't help with polygons.  Would it help with tesselation because doesn't tesselation just help smooth out the polygons?  I'm not too familiar with what exactly it does.