By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SSBB NA- Gamespot Anecdote

I went to 3 Gamestops today frpm 12-1(looking for a Wii... no success) and I decided to ask about Brawl. At all three stores they quickly responded that if I did not pre-order I would not get a copy... The First store has 105 or so(the workers told me)... The second store had 130(the one inside the mall), and the 3rd had 110... The Manager at the 3rd store told me they were doing a mid-night release for pre-orders only, and if I wanted to make sure I got in on it I had better jumo soon. He said they had 75 preorders sunday, and now have 110. He did not know how much longer they would be taking them.

This is the first I have heard about any midnight releases... should be good news. I also asked all of them what they thought of NMH, all of them were very enthusistic about it... This good, if the workers love it they will try an tell customers to buy it.

There like 5,000 gamestops and if what I seen representitive of everywhere(may or may not be) SSBB will sell like 500k launch day from GS ALONE.... I am in South Carolina, and where I am now is NOT a very rich area either.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

grrr meant Gamestop... can a mod edit it for me? ty

psn- tokila

well while i think it will sell so much i think they said that just so you can preorder and i think the manager gets somthing extra like that,thats what i thik though

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

off topic: i just realized gamestop and gamespot are anagrams.

pretty obvious one i guess but it just never crossed my mind.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Gamestop will try to scare you into pre-ordering everything.

Around the Network

Sooo many people say Gamespot...I can't edit the title though.

Anyway, damn...I better preorder my game now.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I'm probably going to go ahead to pre-order soon actually... Whether they're trying to scare people into pre-ordering or not I'd rather not find out that there really aren't any copies available on release day.

Kingdom Hearts 3 Bet: If Kingdom Hearts 3 becomes a multiplaform title/is not Wii exclusive then I will be banished from this land for 1 week and sing my praises to those who have proved themselves to be more intelligent than I.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/RDBRaptor/rdbraptor_sig16.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">
My Anime List

look at Japan... If Nintendo screws up supply in NA, it will take more than one week to recover.

psn- tokila

Nah the Managers can sometimes get vacation time for sales or employees get an extra % off for a week when you win a sales contest in the region, as for Brawl the preorders have been crazy since it was on the list, when they reccomend you preorder is when there is a big game and just like the store I work at we get an extra 2 to 5 copies, the exception to this was Halo 3 which we still have too many of the special edition and legendary edition. If he's saying pick it up you probably should the only incentive would be to get a reserve sale, which if he's got 100 he isn't needing any he's only looking out for you as a gamer wanting that game.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Good thing I pre-ordered mine back in July when I pre-ordered SMG. :D