By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart Wii: box art?

Let's see... Mario doesn't have "Marios eyes", Luigis nose is too big (it was more like Asterix's nose), because of the nose coloring, Luigi looks like he's drunk. Boxart didn't have colours and also all the action was missing.
Also the Wii wheel was too visible, the package was made to look like Wii Zapper package, where the peripheral was what was supposed to sell, but in this case, you're supposed to the game. So the package looks like they're selling Wii Wheel, where you get "Marios kart training" as a bonus.

Definately a fake, or if it isn't, i hope the guy who designed the box gets fired.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network
bdbdbd said:
Let's see... Mario doesn't have "Marios eyes", Luigis nose is too big (it was more like Asterix's nose), because of the nose coloring, Luigi looks like he's drunk. Boxart didn't have colours and also all the action was missing.
Also the Wii wheel was too visible, the package was made to look like Wii Zapper package, where the peripheral was what was supposed to sell, but in this case, you're supposed to the game. So the package looks like they're selling Wii Wheel, where you get "Marios kart training" as a bonus.

Definately a fake, or if it isn't, i hope the guy who designed the box gets fired.

I dunno, it CLEARLY says MARIO KART in big letters, Wii Wheel Included is in very small print to the side.

And it fits the minimalistic Wii design approach...the box shouldn't be red, blue, or covered with gameplay except on the backside I think.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I somehow always thought Mario Kart Wii was a temporary title... are they really keeping that name? Are they going back to the old template for game names like in the SNES and N64 eras? Super [insert series name], [Series name] 64 and now [Series name] Wii!!! NOOOOOOOO!

Signature goes here!

Too much simple to be real.

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

i think this has a shot at being real but i think its fake

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

it looks pretty good and i don't see anything fake about it.

Fake, but some nice work there.

I really hope it´s not true, is very simple the box art

BenKenobi88 said:
bdbdbd said:

I dunno, it CLEARLY says MARIO KART in big letters, Wii Wheel Included is in very small print to the side.

And it fits the minimalistic Wii design approach...the box shouldn't be red, blue, or covered with gameplay except on the backside I think.

Yes, it says Mario Kart, but look at the Wii Wheel, which picture takes around 70% of the box. So the picture tells you that "Hey! We have Wii Wheel in the box! And it includes some Mario driving game". The boxart is simplistic Wii design, which is different from SPM, SMG and MP8. It's the "Wii series" design that this box has, not "Mario series" design. And as i said, Mario and Luigi doesn't look like Mario and Luigi.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

It could just be a placeholder box, like this one: