By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Eye may not be bundled with every PS4. Sold separately

If people are interested in the motion based games, they can buy the bundle with the camera. The logical conclusion would be that the people who purchase the console only have no interest in the motion based games or other gimmicks. The multiplatform games will be ported anyway, even if the userbase is low.

I am not sure about this though. They will probably put it in every box.

Around the Network
RazorDragon said:

Now I can see that "$349" price tag being true. If it was bundled, I wouldn't expect less than $450.

IF the cost of a camera was 100$, then PS4 would cost 10000$ to make. Fortunately it is not.

Carl2291 said:
Machiavellian said:

If you are using the PS2 and 3 as an example then what you just stated is that there will be no support.  Why buy the bundle for the move if it fractures the gaming landscape on the PS4. Sometimes choice is not a good thing if you want support for a device.  If Sony isn't making any real effort to support their device why would 3rd party devs.

There may be minimal support, but I really dont think Sony care that much as long as there is support and people buy it.

I mean, Eye Toy was a success. PS Eye and PS Move are a success. While Eye Toy didnt really have support, the support for PS Move and PS Eye hasnt been nearly as bad.

Where PS4 Eye will be different to Eye Toy and PS Eye, is that it will be available from launch (And will probably have an SKU at launch too). While Eye Toy and PS Eye were released sometime into the platforms life and managed to do 10 Million units, PS4 Eye will be there from the start and will likely push over 20 Million units, providing PS4 has lifetime numbers anything like every other PS home console.

kowenicki said:

Worked well? Worked well in making the peripheral a failure you mean? 

Eye Toy sold over 10 Million units.

PS Move sold over 15 Million units too, which requires PS Eye... And the device has what, 120 games supported?

Can you explain how Eye Toy, PS Eye and Move have been failures?

It failed to sell more. By that token, its a failure. The logic is indisputable.

What? Huh? Hmm.... What? Wait. Does it not say that this is a message at the end of the Dualshock 4 video. Wouldn't that just mean that the camera is sold separately from the Dualshock 4 controller. How does it mean it's sold separately from the Playstation 4 system? I'm hoping the camera is sold separately from the the Playstation 4, but I'm not sure how this confirms that.

kowenicki said:
Good way to render it useless. If devs can't rely on it always being there then they wont support it much.

Seems odd given the dual shock integration.

No idea how this can be perceived as a good plan.

Completely agree, especially with the DS4 integration.

To use all the features of something you just bought (the DS4 controller) you have to buy something else?

It would be like telling the customer they cannot watch Blue Rays, unless they buy a separate Remote.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

Ps move... Hmm. Now how many individual users would that be...? We dont, we have no idea.

Best barometer is software sales. I think we know the truth here.

Over the holidays so many people here telling me wonder book would be big, amazing legs etc etc.  But it turned out to be yet another example of move failure.

If you are going to one back with more anecdotal evidence of why its successful, don't bother.

are those "wands" still going to be around for PS4 by the way?

We dont know how it impacted software sales, because a lot of functionality with Move/Eye came from games that could also be played with the DS3. Heavy Rain and Resident Evil 5 are 2 great examples here. Killzone 3 and Resistance 3 are 2 more great examples. LittleBigPLanet and LittleBigPlanet 2 are great examples.

Move will still be there on PS4. It was in the PS4 conference. I dont know how you missed it.

You havent explained to me how Eye Toy, PS Eye and Move have been failures yet. Id like you to explain it to me. I mean, a failure wouldnt get continued support. It wouldnt sell 10 Million units. It wouldnt be supported on the next gen console.

I kinda hope this is true, i don't know where i am supposed to place it

KylieDog said:
zumnupy10 said:
tiffac said:
Multiple sku then, one with and one without.

This will definetely happen, but the one that has the camera is likely to bomb.

They just need make the cheaper console white and the camera pack-in black.

I would take a white console.

I'd be very happy with this.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

1 model will be without Eye2 and 1 with it bundled in

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...