By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Eye may not be bundled with every PS4. Sold separately

Good. I don't think I'd really ever use it anyways.

Around the Network

Just because it's sold separately doesn't mean it's not bundled. People could always break theirs and need a replacement, or they could lose theirs. Pretty much everything is sold separately.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

zumnupy10 said:
KBG29 said:
pezus said:
As I've been saying. There's just no way Sony will not give you a choice here. It benefits everyone, Sony included (because of the entry price being lower).

What about selling the console by itself, and letting people choose whether they want a controller or a camera? That would lower the price even further. 

Wouldn't you have to buy a controller anyway ?

Not necessarily. Some people may just use the system for entertainment, video chating, and motion based games. Some people may only need a PSMove and the Camera to enjoy their games. There are many different people that buy these consoles for many different reasons. Someone could spend more hours using the system than anyone on this site ever will, without ever playing a single DS4 based game.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KBG29 said:
zumnupy10 said:
KBG29 said:
pezus said:
As I've been saying. There's just no way Sony will not give you a choice here. It benefits everyone, Sony included (because of the entry price being lower).

What about selling the console by itself, and letting people choose whether they want a controller or a camera? That would lower the price even further. 

Wouldn't you have to buy a controller anyway ?

Not necessarily. Some people may just use the system for entertainment, video chating, and motion based games. Some people may only need a PSMove and the Camera to enjoy their games. There are many different people that buy these consoles for many different reasons. Someone could spend more hours using the system than anyone on this site ever will, without ever playing a single DS4 based game.

You are right, I hadn't thought about this.

platformmaster918 said:
Just because it's sold separately doesn't mean it's not bundled. People could always break theirs and need a replacement, or they could lose theirs. Pretty much everything is sold separately.

I really hope this is what it means, but the way it is written does not come off that way. I am making sure to make a point to have this included on PSblog, and the official Playstation youtube account. Now that MS has showed their hand, Sony can match them feature for feature as long as they include it. Why give the competition a huge list of exclusive features when you have the tech to match them day one.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

Good. Price is important for most consumers. Adding in a camera would raise the Price... unless Sony decided to downgrade something like their GPU to save money. GPU > camera imo

Selling the Eye separately would certainly help lower the price, but it would also practically guarantee that developers would never try anything interesting with it, thus relegating the Eye to games that are no better than what you see on the Kinect 1.0 or the Move. It's a tradeoff. Microsoft packaging in the Kinect 2.0 with the One drives up the price, but also lets developers take risks with the Kinect because they know every Xbox One owner will have one; with the new Kinect being so accurate and with such low lag, we might actually see something interesting come out of motion controls this generation.

Good will help keep at least 1 SKU at a lower price point.

Wagram said:
Good will help keep at least 1 SKU at a lower price point.

Agree. Price is important

Carl2291 said:
Will be a seperate bundle with Move included.

Great idea. Keeps price down and doesnt force it on anyone who doesnt want it. It worked with the PS2 and PS3, will work with PS4.

If you are using the PS2 and 3 as an example then what you just stated is that there will be no support.  Why buy the bundle for the move if it fractures the gaming landscape on the PS4. Sometimes choice is not a good thing if you want support for a device.  If Sony isn't making any real effort to support their device why would 3rd party devs.