By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is The Last of Us gaming's Citizen Kane?

Obviously I have not played The Last of Us yet, but I doubt it will impact gaming the same way Citizen Kane did for film. With that said, The Last of Us does look great, and if it manages to meet or exceed expectations, it will be a noteworthy swan song for Naughty Dog and the PS3.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
I'd say gaming's citizen Kane was Battletoads

Because it's hard to finish?

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
theprof00 said:
I'd say gaming's citizen Kane was Battletoads

Because it's hard to finish?

top lel

citizen kain - mario 64

batman dark knight - ocarina of time

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

There is no such thing.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network

God I hope not! Citizen Kane is awful...

RolStoppable said:
Finding the game that is gaming's Citizen Kane is the gaming media's Vietnam.

What's this about seemingly unwinnable and ill-advised wars?

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

kljesta64 said:
citizen kain - mario 64

I still don't see why people put TDK in such high regard. That movie was incredibly overrated.

OT: Not even seen Citizen Kain o_O but I'm guessing its something of a revelation in film making, or something.

And here I thought Turkish slobbered over Sony's games. Views corrected my friends, views corrected.

hinch said:
kljesta64 said:
citizen kain - mario 64

I still don't see why people put TDK in such high regard. That movie was incredibly overrated.

OT: Not even seen Citizen Kain o_O but I'm guessing its something of a revelation in film making, or something.

Because 'people' don't watch very many good movies and when they see The Dark Knight it blows them the fuck away. 

OT: Shit like this makes it hard to take reviews seriously anymore, and now every little mistake The Last Of Us makes is going to get a "lol citizenkane" as people line up to nitpick. 

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords