By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is The Last of Us gaming's Citizen Kane?

Panama said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
Panama said:
Horribly overrated? Quite possibly at this rate.

Oh, you played it already?

Yeah, my friend's cousin's half brother's dad works as the janitor's assistant at his local Sony store. In other news, reading comprehension is your friend.

I still don't get it

Around the Network
kljesta64 said:
platformmaster918 said:
kljesta64 said:
hinch said:
kljesta64 said:
citizen kain - mario 64

batman dark knight - ocarina of time

I still don't see why people put TDK in such high regard. That movie was incredibly overrated.

OT: Not even seen Citizen Kain o_O but I'm guessing its something of a revelation in film making, or something.

because it isnt just a batman movie with a bad ass joker...its actually the most philosophical movie I have ever seen and ive seen a lot. simply put theres no other movie like TDK just like theres no other game like OOT.

every Zelda after OoT is like OoT lol

seriously ?

they copied it's structure and are definitely built off of that idea.  I mean TP is kinda the remake of OoT.  I'm not saying it's not awesome.  I'm not saying pretty much every Zelda since has been awesome.  It just doesn't stand out to me.  A lot of Zelda fans don't even like OoT as much as WW, ALttP, or Majora's Mask is better.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

I hope so. Haters going to hate,while I'll be playing the game in a few weeks.

oldschoolfool said:
I hope so. Haters going to hate,while I'll be playing the game in a few weeks.

it better be because it needs to last till September and we'll be all hyped up on next gen.  I think I'll probably be replaying a lot of classics this Summer when July and August roll around with nothing.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

If that is the case then it would be a game highly regarded by old people with most young people thinking it is shit. P.S. I think Citizen Kane is shit.

Around the Network
platformmaster918 said:
kljesta64 said:
platformmaster918 said:
kljesta64 said:
hinch said:
kljesta64 said:
citizen kain - mario 64

I still don't see why people put TDK in such high regard. That movie was incredibly overrated.

OT: Not even seen Citizen Kain o_O but I'm guessing its something of a revelation in film making, or something.

because it isnt just a batman movie with a bad ass joker...its actually the most philosophical movie I have ever seen and ive seen a lot. simply put theres no other movie like TDK just like theres no other game like OOT.

seriously ?

they copied it's structure and are definitely built off of that idea.  I mean TP is kinda the remake of OoT.  I'm not saying it's not awesome.  I'm not saying pretty much every Zelda since has been awesome.  It just doesn't stand out to me.  A lot of Zelda fans don't even like OoT as much as WW, ALttP, or Majora's Mask is better.

Twilight Princess might be, but the other 3D sequels were quite different. Much more so than I've come to expect from video game sequels..

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:
platformmaster918 said:
kljesta64 said:
platformmaster918 said:
kljesta64 said:
hinch said:
kljesta64 said:
citizen kain - mario 64

seriously ?

Twilight Princess might be, but the other 3D sequels were quite different. Much more so than I've come to expect from video game sequels..

I even fail to see any similarities between TP and OoT. It just feels different. I felt it from beginning to end. 

there was a lot of talk that TP is a spiritual succesor to OoT...maybe thats the case ? 

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

kljesta64 said:
F0X said:
platformmaster918 said:
kljesta64 said:
platformmaster918 said:
kljesta64 said:
hinch said:
kljesta64 said:
citizen kain - mario 64

seriously ?

I even fail to see any similarities between TP and OoT. It just feels different. I felt it from beginning to end. 

there was a lot of talk that TP is a spiritual succesor to OoT...maybe thats the case ? 

Well, there was that whole wolf aspect of the game. But I'd rather forget about it.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Andrespetmonkey said:
Panama said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
Panama said:
Horribly overrated? Quite possibly at this rate.

Oh, you played it already?

Yeah, my friend's cousin's half brother's dad works as the janitor's assistant at his local Sony store. In other news, reading comprehension is your friend.

I still don't get it

He means that Citisen Kane I Over rated..And in contrast to comparing to the Movie it start to treat the game in the aspect.....

What a ridiculous comparison... Exactly what was revolutionary about The Last of us? Great game, sure, revolutionary not by a long shot. Did a reviewer actually make that outrageous comparison or is this just the thread creators comparison... I would like to add whatever reviewer said that to my black list of never read again....