By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last Of Us Demo IS LIVE!!!

Just finished the demo. It's INSANELY short. But wow, that clicker encounter was awesome. I found myself a little nervous and thinking about the best way to proceed.

the combat was extremely fluid. Like, going from meleeing a clicker then all of a sudden one tries to grab you, and in a split second you hit triangle to stick a shiv in its neck, awesome. The transition from animation to animation is pretty impressive. There's no weird jerky angle, it's all really smooth. Even as I was tapping the square button to hit a clicker with a wooden stick, it shattered, and Joel seamlessly shoved it into the wall and knocked it around a bit with his forearm.

Honestly I thought the demo would be a bit longer, but I definitely enjoyed it.

Around the Network
VGKing said:
walsufnir said:

I didn't start it. Keep calm.

Serious question. What about my comment implied I wasn't calm?

Psychological projection was first conceptualized by Sigmund Freud as a defence mechanism in which a person unconsciously rejects his or her own unacceptable attributes by ascribing them to objects or persons in the outside world instead. Thus, projection involves psychically expelling one's negative qualities onto others, and is a common psychological process.

Just ignore him. He will never stop coming back, he loves the attention.

VGKing said:
walsufnir said:

Just precautionary :) Topic is the demo, so concentrate on this! I meant you no harm!

Glad we got that cleared up. So are you excited  for the demo? Are you downloading it or waiting for the full release?

Believe it or not but I am. There are a lot of exclusives from Sony I want to play. I am still hoping Sony releases Gaikai to more platforms!

PSN's on fire right now. Reminded me of when I was looking for tickets for the Lan Party that is held here every year. The fucking morons don't fix things (the webpage, to avoid what happened last year), but instead do nothing and then the bandwith took the page down. C'mon, people, share your experiences! I can hardly wait to see what you think about it D:

Deyon, walsufnir, VGKing: Please stop this arguing.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
Deyon, walsufnir, VGKing: Please stop this arguing.

I didn't want to argue, really. It's useless and I think I made it clear in the responses. This game deserves better, it's one of the biggest releases for ps3.

i can't wait to try the demo out:))
just finished installing but needs 1 more hour to download some extra stuff.

UnitSmiley said:
Just finished the demo. It's INSANELY short. But wow, that clicker encounter was awesome. I found myself a little nervous and thinking about the best way to proceed.

the combat was extremely fluid. Like, going from meleeing a clicker then all of a sudden one tries to grab you, and in a split second you hit triangle to stick a shiv in its neck, awesome. The transition from animation to animation is pretty impressive. There's no weird jerky angle, it's all really smooth. Even as I was tapping the square button to hit a clicker with a wooden stick, it shattered, and Joel seamlessly shoved it into the wall and knocked it around a bit with his forearm.

In response to someone's earlier post, I thought the graphics were great, definately onpar with Uncharted 3. Does Joel feel "heavier" to you then Drake in Uncharted? Drake always felt too fast and jerky if I tapped gently on the d pad. I liked the responsiveness to the game, everything feels weighted properly, can't wait till the 14th of June.

Blood_Tears said:
UnitSmiley said:

In response to someone's earlier post, I thought the graphics were great, definately onpar with Uncharted 3. Does Joel feel "heavier" to you then Drake in Uncharted? Drake always felt too fast and jerky if I tapped gently on the d pad. I liked the responsiveness to the game, everything feels weighted properly, can't wait till the 14th of June.

Yeah I think the graphics look great as well. The quality is good, but it's also a lot more atmospheric. I know exactly what you mean and yeah Joel does feel more weighted. Everything flows much more realistically. I just completed it a second time and not a single weird "jerky" reaction. Even those 3 on 1 melee encounters, everything is smooth :]

THAT WAS AWESOME! Short, but AWESOME! Fuck the ATMOSPHERE and SOUND DESIGN in particular is insane!