By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Animal Crossing: New Leaf thread

Tagged games:

Who is your favorite character in Animal Crossing (final round)?

Brewster 0 0%

K.K. Slider 4 26.67%

Isabelle 4 26.67%

Tom Nook 3 20.00%

Mr. Resetti 1 6.67%

Kapp'n 2 13.33%

Blathers 1 6.67%

Pete 0 0%

Joan 0 0%

Gracie 0 0%

Total:15
fedfed said:
what do I have to do to have the future reading woman shop? And how much do I have to spend to have the full expanded super store?

Item Shop

You can upgrade the item shop so it sells more items. You do so by spending bells at the item shop and doing a few other things. Only items that can be sold out count toward your total. In other words, stationery, wrapping paper, and melody cards don't count toward the bell total. Fortune cookies are counted as 500 bells.

Upgrade to the Convenience Store (T&T Mart)

To upgrade to the convenience store (T&T Mart), you must have a house rather than a tent. Upgrade from the tent by giving 10,000 bells to Tom Nook. The convenience store upgrade occurs after 12,000 bells have been spent in the shop (all players on the game card can contribute) or you have bought at least 15 items. It must be at least 10 days since you created the town.

Upgrade to the Supermarket (Super T&T)

The supermarket is called Super T&T. The supermarket upgrade occurs after you have spent 25,000 bells in the shop. It must be at least 10 days since the convenience store opened. It must be at least 10 days since the garden center opened.

Upgrade to the Home Center (T.I.Y)

The upgrade to the home center (T.I.Y) occurs after you have spent 50,000 bells in the shop. It must be at least 21 days since you built the supermarket.

Upgrade to the Department Store (T&T Emporium)

The upgrade to the department store (T&T Emporium) occurs after you have spent 100,000 bells in the shop. It must be at least 30 days since you built the home center. You also have to pass Gracie's fashion check at least four times before the emporium will open.

Garden Center

To unlock the garden center, the total number of times you have done any of the following actions must be at least 30: pulled weeds, watered flowers, planted trees or flowers. If you don't have a watering can and haven't earned 100% approval rating (see the starting the game guide for information about increasing your approval rating), talk to Isabelle at her front desk in the town hall and ask for advice. If you do all of the things she asks, she will eventually give you a watering can. You can also get a fishing rod or bug net if you keep asking her for advice.

Nook's Homes

Nook's Homes is open from the beginning. Once you pay off your down payment and get a house instead of a tent, Nook's Homes will start selling exteriors, such as new roofs, mailboxes, and so on.

Happy Home Academy

After you pay off your first home loan using the ABD in the post office, talk to Tom Nook. Then exit Nook's Homes and go back in. Tom Nook will introduce Lyle, who will give you advice about increasing your HHA score.

Happy Home Showcase

If you're still living in a tent, pay off your down payment by giving 10,000 bells to Tom Nook. Then use the ABD in the post office to pay off your first house loan. Be sure to talk to Tom Nook after that. The Happy Home Showcase will open the next day.

Museum Shop

Donate at least 20 items to the museum, with at least one from each category (bugs, fish/deep sea fish, fossils, works of art). Then talk to Blathers each day. One day, he will be thinking about something. Talk to him and he will talk about the museum shop. After that, the museum shop will be added to the list of things you can build in your town. Just sit in your mayor chair and ask to build something, then choose the museum shop.

QR Codes

In the Able Sisters' shop, you can unlock a QR code machine that creates a QR code that represents a custom design. Other players can then scan this code to get your custom designs into their games. To unlock this, talk to Sable, who is working at the sewing machine. You have to talk to her each day for several days in a row. Then the QR code machine will be unlocked.

Club LOL

For Club LOL to open, your shop has to be upgraded to the convenience store, and you have to have reached 100% approval rating according to Isabelle (see the starting the game guide for information about increasing your approval rating). Then the next day that you play, Dr. Shrunk will be outside of your house and will ask you to get signatures for his petition. Agree to do so, then talk to six of your villagers and ask them to sign the petition. Once you have six signatures, go talk to Dr. Shrunk in Main Street to give him the petition. Within the next four to eight days, Club LOL will open.

Kicks

Spend at least 8000 bells in the Able Sisters' shop to unlock the shoe store, Kicks. It must be at least ten days since the town was created.

Shampoodle

Spend at least 10,000 bells in Able Sisters' or Kicks. It must be at least 10 days since Kicks was built.

Fortune Teller Shop

Katrina is the fortune-telling cat who sometimes shows up in your town square. To unlock the fortune teller shop, you or any other residents of your town need to have Katrina tell your fortune 20 times. You can even go to other towns and have Katrina tell your fortune there. This can help you unlock Katrina's shop more quickly since Katrina will only show up in your town up to once a week.

After the 20th fortune that she tells you (or anyone from your town), she will stop you when you try to leave and will suggest building a public works project for her. The mayor of your town can then sit in mayor chair in your town hall and choose the Fortune Teller's Shop from the list of public works projects. Lloid, the fundraising gyroid, will be in the train station to collect donations for the fortune teller shop.

Dream Suite

The Dream Suite is a place where you can visit dream versions of towns, where you can do whatever you want without affecting the real town. After you been mayor for seven days, go to the town hall. If Isabelle is sleeping, talk to her. This unlocks the Dream Suite in the list of public works that you can build.

The Roost Café

Donate at least 50 items to the museum, and open the museum shop (see above). After the museum shop has been open seven days, talk to Blathers. He will eventually be thinking about something when you go into the museum. Talk to him at that time to add the Roost Café to the list of community projects.

http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/shop-unlock-guide/

Around the Network
piggychan said:
fedfed said:
what do I have to do to have the future reading woman shop? And how much do I have to spend to have the full expanded super store?

Item Shop

You can upgrade the item shop so it sells more items. You do so by spending bells at the item shop and doing a few other things. Only items that can be sold out count toward your total. In other words, stationery, wrapping paper, and melody cards don't count toward the bell total. Fortune cookies are counted as 500 bells.

Upgrade to the Convenience Store (T&T Mart)

To upgrade to the convenience store (T&T Mart), you must have a house rather than a tent. Upgrade from the tent by giving 10,000 bells to Tom Nook. The convenience store upgrade occurs after 12,000 bells have been spent in the shop (all players on the game card can contribute) or you have bought at least 15 items. It must be at least 10 days since you created the town.

Upgrade to the Supermarket (Super T&T)

The supermarket is called Super T&T. The supermarket upgrade occurs after you have spent 25,000 bells in the shop. It must be at least 10 days since the convenience store opened. It must be at least 10 days since the garden center opened.

Upgrade to the Home Center (T.I.Y)

The upgrade to the home center (T.I.Y) occurs after you have spent 50,000 bells in the shop. It must be at least 21 days since you built the supermarket.

Upgrade to the Department Store (T&T Emporium)

The upgrade to the department store (T&T Emporium) occurs after you have spent 100,000 bells in the shop. It must be at least 30 days since you built the home center. You also have to pass Gracie's fashion check at least four times before the emporium will open.

Garden Center

To unlock the garden center, the total number of times you have done any of the following actions must be at least 30: pulled weeds, watered flowers, planted trees or flowers. If you don't have a watering can and haven't earned 100% approval rating (see the starting the game guide for information about increasing your approval rating), talk to Isabelle at her front desk in the town hall and ask for advice. If you do all of the things she asks, she will eventually give you a watering can. You can also get a fishing rod or bug net if you keep asking her for advice.

Nook's Homes

Nook's Homes is open from the beginning. Once you pay off your down payment and get a house instead of a tent, Nook's Homes will start selling exteriors, such as new roofs, mailboxes, and so on.

Happy Home Academy

After you pay off your first home loan using the ABD in the post office, talk to Tom Nook. Then exit Nook's Homes and go back in. Tom Nook will introduce Lyle, who will give you advice about increasing your HHA score.

Happy Home Showcase

If you're still living in a tent, pay off your down payment by giving 10,000 bells to Tom Nook. Then use the ABD in the post office to pay off your first house loan. Be sure to talk to Tom Nook after that. The Happy Home Showcase will open the next day.

Museum Shop

Donate at least 20 items to the museum, with at least one from each category (bugs, fish/deep sea fish, fossils, works of art). Then talk to Blathers each day. One day, he will be thinking about something. Talk to him and he will talk about the museum shop. After that, the museum shop will be added to the list of things you can build in your town. Just sit in your mayor chair and ask to build something, then choose the museum shop.

QR Codes

In the Able Sisters' shop, you can unlock a QR code machine that creates a QR code that represents a custom design. Other players can then scan this code to get your custom designs into their games. To unlock this, talk to Sable, who is working at the sewing machine. You have to talk to her each day for several days in a row. Then the QR code machine will be unlocked.

Club LOL

For Club LOL to open, your shop has to be upgraded to the convenience store, and you have to have reached 100% approval rating according to Isabelle (see the starting the game guide for information about increasing your approval rating). Then the next day that you play, Dr. Shrunk will be outside of your house and will ask you to get signatures for his petition. Agree to do so, then talk to six of your villagers and ask them to sign the petition. Once you have six signatures, go talk to Dr. Shrunk in Main Street to give him the petition. Within the next four to eight days, Club LOL will open.

Kicks

Spend at least 8000 bells in the Able Sisters' shop to unlock the shoe store, Kicks. It must be at least ten days since the town was created.

Shampoodle

Spend at least 10,000 bells in Able Sisters' or Kicks. It must be at least 10 days since Kicks was built.

Fortune Teller Shop

Katrina is the fortune-telling cat who sometimes shows up in your town square. To unlock the fortune teller shop, you or any other residents of your town need to have Katrina tell your fortune 20 times. You can even go to other towns and have Katrina tell your fortune there. This can help you unlock Katrina's shop more quickly since Katrina will only show up in your town up to once a week.

After the 20th fortune that she tells you (or anyone from your town), she will stop you when you try to leave and will suggest building a public works project for her. The mayor of your town can then sit in mayor chair in your town hall and choose the Fortune Teller's Shop from the list of public works projects. Lloid, the fundraising gyroid, will be in the train station to collect donations for the fortune teller shop.

Dream Suite

The Dream Suite is a place where you can visit dream versions of towns, where you can do whatever you want without affecting the real town. After you been mayor for seven days, go to the town hall. If Isabelle is sleeping, talk to her. This unlocks the Dream Suite in the list of public works that you can build.

The Roost Café

Donate at least 50 items to the museum, and open the museum shop (see above). After the museum shop has been open seven days, talk to Blathers. He will eventually be thinking about something when you go into the museum. Talk to him at that time to add the Roost Café to the list of community projects.

http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/shop-unlock-guide/

OOOOHHH... thanks...

that's why. I have never doen teh Gracie's fashion check!!!! sigh!!!!

Switch!!!

and one more question... how can we spot a fake paint form a real one??/

Switch!!!

fedfed said:
and one more question... how can we spot a fake paint form a real one??/

http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/paintings-works-of-art/

you will also need to do the feng shui guide to your house.  Every room except the basement.   What you want to concentrate on is the luck so that you increase the chances of getting the rarer items.  This may be the case for villagers when they sell you a painting the chance for that painting to be genuine will incease etc. 

• Putting yellow items in the correct part of your rooms will increase the amount of money that you find.
  • Putting red items in the correct part of your rooms will increase the number of items that you find.
  • Putting green items in the correct part of your rooms will increase your overall luck.

http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/feng-shui-guide/

guys you still playing this ?

I am :O

Around the Network

Eh, I've been on and off. Amazing HRA score you have as usual!

piggychan said:

guys you still playing this ?

I am :O

Wow.  I really need to play this game again.

Your town and house make mine look like a garbage dump.

I was wondering where this thread went...
I went a while without playing this game after Smash launched...
Still love it...

Have a nice day...

Brewster sure dominated that poll!

I am still playing this today.

I actually stopped playing for a while and when I came back to AC I was sad to have seen wolfgang gone.. He was one of my faves.

I find cranky villagers tend to leave my town more quicker than others... maybe because of my other villagers have an effect on this kind of personality?  But for a while I lost interest due to some villagers that moved in which I wasn't too fond of..

But anyway I finally got two of my dream villagers for a price during trading for them and now I am sooo happy that I don't think I will ever stop playing this for fear of losing these two.

A few weeks ago Nintendo EU were giving out some codes to download a small app that allows the Animal crossing folk to appear when you take pics of real life things using the 3DS camera.

The app is called Photos with Animal Crossing. I may still have a spare code if anyone is interested but I don't know if it will work outside of the UK.