By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Animal Crossing: New Leaf thread

Tagged games:

Who is your favorite character in Animal Crossing (final round)?

Brewster 0 0%

K.K. Slider 4 26.67%

Isabelle 4 26.67%

Tom Nook 3 20.00%

Mr. Resetti 1 6.67%

Kapp'n 2 13.33%

Blathers 1 6.67%

Pete 0 0%

Joan 0 0%

Gracie 0 0%

Total:15

Did anyone catch the Twitch direct earlier on UK GMT time 2pm?

The update is now live expect a big download which takes a while to download and update!

New Title screen after the update!

Around the Network
piggychan said:

The update is now live expect a big download which takes a while to download and update

Saw the Direct and seemed pretty decent.  I'll take whatever new content added even though there is nothing jaw dropping.  Took me about 5 mins to download the update but I haven't booted it up yet.  I'll probably do that on a work break this evening. 

You still playing the game?  I had to restart this spring due to a system transfer that went wrong.  AC:NL was one of the few retail games that I bought digitally and the save files for all my digital games messed up in the system transfer.  So I started from scratch but put plenty of hours trying to build myself back up.  My town almost looks better than previous town (although I could use some cool Nintendo designs to plop on the ground, only have few right now but might start making some with help of premade designs from sites). 

Best free time I have is probably this Sunday when it comes to being able to play at any hour online.  Let me know if you want to meet up sometime Sunday.  I believe my friends list transferred and my FC stayed the same. 

sethnintendo said:
piggychan said:

The update is now live expect a big download which takes a while to download and update

Saw the Direct and seemed pretty decent.  I'll take whatever new content added even though there is nothing jaw dropping.  Took me about 5 mins to download the update but I haven't booted it up yet.  I'll probably do that on a work break this evening. 

You still playing the game?  I had to restart this spring due to a system transfer that went wrong.  AC:NL was one of the few retail games that I bought digitally and the save files for all my digital games messed up in the system transfer.  So I started from scratch but put plenty of hours trying to build myself back up.  My town almost looks better than previous town (although I could use some cool Nintendo designs to plop on the ground, only have few right now but might start making some with help of premade designs from sites). 

Best free time I have is probably this Sunday when it comes to being able to play at any hour online.  Let me know if you want to meet up sometime Sunday.  I believe my friends list transferred and my FC stayed the same. 

I haven't touched the game since new years day 2016 but the update gave me a reason to come back and thankfully all my favourite villagers stayed on.

Seth I work weekends now so weekdays are my free time mon to thurs.  I can come on Sunday but I wont get online till around 8pm GMT time.

The update now gives you the following options.

The amiibo camera

There are tonne more items to collect now and now another currency is used which is MEOW tickets which need to be exchanged for items that campers with their RV's bring into your camping grounds.

Earn MEOW tickets at the CAT machine

Complete daily initiatives to earn MEOW tickets.

You get different RV guests daily who all have different stuff to buy.  Some is the same old stuff while the odd item is new.

Wisp now resides in the game and you have to unlock him first by finding his lamp

Some of these items will only turn up with amiibo characters.

Harvey the camping hippy (maybe KK's relative)? Also has new items for trade.

Lottie from the Happy Home Designer game appears and you can arrange your home furniture much more easily by just dragging and dropping with the touch screen.

New items imported from the Happy Home Designer game are massive

There are 10 new gifts in the fortune cookies.

Two of them , Wii U console and 3DS should have mini games.  They can also be obtained from certain special guest RV's in the camping ground.

Playing those mini games will also gift you rare item sets too.

Also the floating balloons also drop items other than the Balloon series now.

double post, but with the amiibo cards. You should be able to with most of the normal villagers once you import them with the amiibo card function can bring them into staying in your village.

other amiibo card characters such as kk, lottie etc will just appear and give you a gift.

Also in the original touch screen once inside your house you only had the option to turn on / off the room lights.

In the update you can do more, unlock storage space, and re arrange furniture with the happy home designer drag and drop feature.  Plus things like cushions can stack ontop of other furniture pieces now but you have to play around and see what works and what don't.

That little icon at the bottom right screen will allow you to post screen shots you've taken onto social media such as facebook/ twitter.

Damn they have a Gamecube available... I tried one amiibo that I have so far (Link) and he had some cool Link NES wallpaper and some other Zelda universe items.

All good on not being able to play on weekends because I partied a little too hard this weekend. I work second shift so my free time would be about 10 am - 1:50 pm Central US timezone during the week. I work 3 - 11 pm so basically we could play early or late during the weekdays.

At first I thought it might be some half ass patch. I realized they put some effort into it after watching the trailer and playing a little bit of it last night.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
Damn they have a Gamecube available... I tried one amiibo that I have so far (Link) and he had some cool Link NES wallpaper and some other Zelda universe items.

At first I thought it might be some half ass patch. I realized they put some effort into it after watching the trailer and playing a little bit of it last night.

Pasted from another forum:

Somebody datamined the game and there would be 775 new items in the game...

497 furniture
25 wallpaper
41 carpets
39 tops
9 dresses
5 bottoms
4 socks
9 shoes
1 umbrella
22 hats
2 holdable? sticks
7 fortune tickets
3 stationary (though they might not be obtainable)
47? special villager pics (total is now 54)
64? ordinary villager pics (total is now 397)
=775 items

There are two mini games which you must try too but to obtain them you need to get hold of a new 3DS or Wii U.  From either a fortune cookie or one of the special amiibo characters that appear ingame with their RVs

the 3DS game is puzzle league:

the wii u game is Desert Island Escape which is like a hex style turn based survival game. Where you have to try to escape the island within a certain time.

The other night I got a nintendogs item from a fortune cookie.

I just realized that you don't appear on my best friend anymore Seth...

Wolf Link Amiibo

Inkling Amiibo

Blathers Amiibo

Resetti Amiibo

the new animal crossing amiibo cards

piggychan said:
I just realized that you don't appear on my best friend anymore Seth...

Yea, I had to start over.  I did the system transfer when I got a New 3DSXL in the spring and it messed up when transfering and I lost all saved data for eshop games.  I was able to redownload the games but had to start new save file for all downloaded games.  Physical copies weren't affected but Animal Crossing New Leaf was one of the few physical games I bought on the eshop. 

So we would have to meet up again in order to become best friends again.  I might have my gates open for a little bit before work.  We should still be friends with 3DS FC because I still see all friends previously added on friends list.

I'll admit this update is a little more interesting than I thought it would be, but not enough to get me back to playing this game, though really nothing would at this point. I already put nearly 600 hours into this game, I'm well ready for the next game!

My other amiibos.

Picked this up real cheap on amazon just to get the amiibo characters

Isabelle's RV.  There is a catch tho. if you summon any of the main charaters like, Isabelle, Tom Nook, Blathers to the camping grounds then they WON'T be able to do their normal jobs!

Epona comes from Sheik Amiibo

Medli from toon link amiibo

Ganon from Ganondorf amiibo

The monster hunter Felyne amiibo summons felyne into the RV camp.

You can buy his stuff with MEOW coupons and you can get 5 daily but just scanning an amiibo card or summoning an amiibo character to the RV as long as YOU HAVEN'T invited that amiibo character to live in your town.  Otherwise you cannot order anymore stuff from that character!  If you haven't then you can just summon them into your camping grounds daily as much as you like!

ALSO want to add that the CAMPING GROUNDS is not the same thing as the public works project "CAMP"

Buying these items from the camping grounds cost you 3 MEOW COUPONs but if you are visiting someone eleses camping grounds you pay 5 MEOW coupons per item!

Felyne from monster hunter series

Kerokerokeroppi from the SANRIO card pack!  You get all six cards

Monster hunter items in the house