By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GameSpot’s Battle of Next Gen updated with votes – PS4 support is overwhelming

PS2'S dominance meant nothing for 7th gen. Why would the 360 advantage in US mean anything for the 8th gen?

Around the Network

I just love how kowenicki enters in panic mode in every thread favorizing the ps4 instead of his beloved xbox.

This is getting absolutely ridiculous.

we'll see at launch

Well this is not unexpected. Gamers are angry with MS for many reasons. We'll have to wait till E3 to see the price of each console, games at launch, and the PS4's used game policy.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

lol @ internet polls.

NA will never be like that in realz

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
tonio_13 said:
I just love how kowenicki enters in panic mode in every thread favorizing the ps4 instead of his beloved xbox.

Really? I suggest you look in other directions.

Yeah really, I rarely saw such a fanboy.

Always posting great things about your fav company, and always bashing one particular company.

Back on topic this is good news for ps4, at least core gamers on the net are supporting it.

~

Post moderated: A warning has been issued for this post - TruckOSaurus

badgenome said:
Multimedialover said:
Ironically in reality US and UK numbers will be highly reversed from these internet website figures.

The numbers weren't even reversed this generation when Sony was at their absolute stupidest, so I doubt they will be now that it's Microsoft who has come down with a case of the derps.

I meant to say sales numbers will be ighly reversed from this. Meaning this poll means absolute nothing. If anyting all the preorder reports so far Ive seen sow The One winning. Even thoug you could preorder PS4 1 month before The One.

pezus said:
Multimedialover said:
Ironically in reality US and UK numbers will be highly reversed from these internet website figures.

When will everyone realise the internets overwhelming support for Sony doesnt transfer over to real life. Sony are no longer considered the top in anything they do. Samsung and Panasonic for years have been outdoing Sony for TV's. Car stereos, Panasonic, Alpine and R&F all better than Sony. Bluray payers to which is ironic. Arcam make an absolute beauty. List goes on.

PS4 will not reflect those statistics in reality in those regions.

No, but it will beat One in most of these countries. USA and UK will swing it a bit in the other direction, but I still don't see PS4 losing when:

1) PS and Xbox are launching at the same time for the first time

2) PS3 outsold 360 even with all its blunders and 1-1.5 year later start

3) PS has a tight grip on Japan, Europe, and "Rest of the world" while MS has the advantage in USA and UK

1. no problem.

2. hat happens when 360 drops to mass market price at E3? 99.99?

3. EU is still anyones game. I believe Forza 5 at launch will help that ffranchise get notiiced. I believ it will help EU to favour The One at launch

pezus said:
Multimedialover said:

1. no problem.

2. hat happens when 360 drops to mass market price at E3? 99.99?

3. EU is still anyones game. I believe Forza 5 at launch will help that ffranchise get notiiced. I believ it will help EU to favour The One at launch

1. It is the sole reason why 360 had its lead in the first place. Eliminate that advantage and watch the magic happen

2. You tell me? 

3. PS4 is getting another exclusive racer at launch and GT6 is releasing around the same time. Europe will be all over GT during that time

Yea, this is going to be an interesting gen.  Especially with Sony seemingly making every right decision as far as the PS4 is concerned and MS stumbling out the gate (at least as of now.)

tonio_13 said:

No kidding, he's so aloof about the whole situation that he replies to virtually every comment.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.