By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade 2: What do you want?

We're less than 2 weeks from e3 and undoubtably some new info on Xenoblade 2 or "X".  It's quite possible that we will have a full blowout telling us everything about the game.  So before we find out for real, what do you want from this game?  What should be kept or dropped or added from Xenoblade?  What are your expectations?

Around the Network

I want it to be significantly harder. The first one was mind numbing at times.

Connect it to Xenoblade narratively, don't just make it a spiritual sequel.

Personally, I'm about 120 hours into Xenoblade and nearing what I assume is the last stages of the story. I absolutely love the game, and feel it's probably my favorite RPG of all time. There is little I would change about it, but some things I would keep or improve given the new hardware:
-A new, weird setting, just like the first game. The two titans is one of the coolest settings I've ever seen in a game. Do it again, Mono!
-Vast, beautiful zones. Also, keep them colorful.
-HD visuals with more realism and improved lighting. That doesn't mean I don't want color and variety and "alien feel" to different zones, but just higher quality.
-Touchscreen control of secondary characters. I want to control the whole party.
-Vehicles.
-Another fantastic story.
-Another endless supply of side quests.
-Lots of exploration.
-Another great soundtrack.
-All new characters and cultures.

I really would prefer an all new story, like final fantasy does, and a new setting. I think that's the only way you can get that feeling of 'awe' from an all new world.

I found Xenoblade's world enchanting...
I want to feel that again...
I won't be devastated if the whole future sight thing doesn't come back...
I felt like it slowed combat down too much at times...
I also didn't find the tutorials very effective...
Those are my only critiques...
Xenoblade might be my favorite game ever...
I want to feel the same way about X...

Have a nice day...

Around the Network

Color it up 1st.

Just make it good. Balance up the difficulty a bit and AP SP needs more balancing.

Keep the affinity chart and skill links. Those go so well together.
Don't make the mechs a prop or travel only tool. Integrate them into the world.

Gamepad functions-Use for better inventory management. What Xenoblade lacked was the ability to really control your teammates. Maybe have an arts screen of others on it during battle and you can "command" certain arts. Minimap if really needed. But I really want the traveling, the menu functions a bit streamlined. Sorting and gem crafting easily took around 10 hours of my playtime.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

- Keep it colorful.
- New Game + needs additional monsters & more difficulty.
- Also I shouldn't be able to play the game for more than five minutes without hearing the phrase, "the power of the Monado."

Basically what Xenoblade did, but better.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

No seriously though, I want better control over my other characters. I want my fingers flaming through the hard battles, constantly giving commands. I want to be able to hold off on my teammate using a healing arte so I can save it for the last moment when the boss unleashes a big attack. Use an aggro art right as I'm building power so I don't die.

I want to be able to do chain arts without having to do that weird circle thing.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Melia to make a return so her f'ed up life actually turns around in this game. Difficulty to be a bit more or add a hard mode, and keep everything else the same: environments, music, and gameplay were awesome.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD