By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Are retailers starting to shut down Vita sales? Pic inside.... So did E3 fix the Vita?

RolStoppable said:
ironmanDX said:
RolStoppable said:
E3 was good for the Vita. Sony still gave it a few minutes to talk about it, that's more than most people expected.

Was it good enough for the Vita to have a complete turn around and even beat out the PSP for sales?

I think the PSV will sell more than the PSP this year.

I'll have to double-check the non-Japan sales figures, but in all seriousness this may not actually be true.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
noname2200 said:
RolStoppable said:

I think the PSV will sell more than the PSP this year.

I'll have to double-check the non-Japan sales figures, but in all seriousness this may not actually be true.

I am not sure if VGC has good PSP numbers, because they seem to be too high to be true. For 2013, the PSV and PSP combined are at 2.7m after five months. Meanwhile, Sony predicted only 5m combined for these two platforms for the fiscal year.

We know that the PSP sells already less than 10k weekly in Japan and less than 1k weekly in the USA. Over a good 20 weeks that's only about 200k units which leaves 1.5m (VGC numbers) for the rest of the world. That's almost 80k units per week.

But maybe it's true that the PSP is a hot item in Europe and developing markets. In that case you would be right that the PSV won't beat the PSP this year, because the gap is already 700k units in the PSP's favor.

Ah, I see. For whatever reason, I had my PSP and PSV Japan-figures swapped in my head. Never mind what I said!

I think the big digital attach rate for Vita software is actually hurting it.

With Vita software sales so low already, and 60% of that in digital, there's not really a reason why retailers should stock Vita stuff. That makes less shelf space towards Vita and thus less exposure.

And the demo stations are awful. No proper game is loaded to really show off Vita.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Vita's E3 wasn't exactly overwhelming... I didn't even get the AC or CoD spinoff this time (I remember that Assassin's Creed rising Phoenix rumored to be Vita's next AC) this time around. Vita will remain a niche market for Japanese games like Atelier Meruru+, Muramasa or Tokiden but I don't see it taking off anymore now.It wouldn't be surprising if its retail space gets cut when PS4/X1 come around.

ryuzaki57 said:
Vita's E3 wasn't exactly overwhelming... I didn't even get the AC or CoD spinoff this time (I remember that Assassin's Creed rising Phoenix rumored to be Vita's next AC) this time around. Vita will remain a niche market for Japanese games like Atelier Meruru+, Muramasa or Tokiden but I don't see it taking off anymore now.It wouldn't be surprising if its retail space gets cut when PS4/X1 come around.

Nothing wrong with that, the PSP was the same way and it became my favorite handheld system ever.

Around the Network

My Target is done with Vita.. don't have the system or games.. which is stupid considering they have a display for the system.. The Wii U has games.. but no systems... I don't know what the Hell they are thinking... but apparently some things are getting phased out.. for other things in Electronics..

Nintendo Wii by generations...

1. Wii

2. Wii U

3. Wii O U

Predictions made by gamers concerning the current Nintendo line up of games.

Pikmen 3= Little Bump to nothing. (Got Little Bump)

Wind Waker HD= Won't sell anything (The explosion happened here and at one time 4 Wii U games was in the Amazon top 100)

Super Mario 3D World= Won't help at all looks cheap. (Currently the most sought after Wii U game and continuing the Wii U increase.)

I think the more diverse retailers are already dropping it now. The ASDA Living near my work hasn't had a new Vita release since Call of Duty and has no Wii U stock at all now.

Dedicated game retailers will keep it for now at least, it depends if Sony really do intend pushing it as the "ultimate" PS4 companion from now on and how well received KillZone and Tearaway are in the West. If there was the desire to turn it around for Vita, PS4 launch would be the time to start it, but I don't think Sony are prepared to take the commercial hit it would require (£149.99/$199.99 with high profile full price game + 8-16gb memory card minimum)

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

I dont see Vita surviving this super packed Christmas. Retailers need space for ps3, ps4, xbox 360, xbone, wii u, wii, 3ds and ds.

pwin´ every other villain since 1994

i dont even go to that part of walmart. they lost me back in the n64 days when they wanted $80 for DOOM 64 for years.

bonkers555 said:
ryuzaki57 said:

Nothing wrong with that, the PSP was the same way and it became my favorite handheld system ever.

I was just saying from a market point of view. At a personal level I'm more than happy with my vita getting those kind of games. And yes, PSP is the greatest handheld in history imo too, by far.