By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Assuming equal price points and same release date: Which console will sell more this year, PS4 or Xbox One?

Tagged games:

Let's revisit this question after we know the final plans regarding DRM and used games for both Sony and Microsoft.

Around the Network

If the xb1 requires an internet connection to work, the PS4 will outsell it by a fucking mile.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Considering Madden, Fifa, Destiny, COD:G, Battlefield 4, and AC:BF will all look and run better on PS4, I don't see what MS can do to sway people in their direction. The audience that buys $400 - 500 dollar consoles are people that have an idea of what they are buying, and they will know the XBO is a weaker gaming machine.

With that said, both consoles will sell whatever S&M are able to produce in through the end of 2013. So whoever puts more consoles on shelves will be the winner.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

PS4 > Xbox 1.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

Globally the PS4 will do better. XB isn't as well established outside the US, that's not going to suddenly change with XB1.

Around the Network

I'm guessing since early adopters are core gamers, the PS4 will outsell the X1 at launch.

That's with the info we have at hand mind you, everything could change at E3.