By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It's official, Rockband's coming to Wii

Lingyis said:
I don't think there'll be Zelda or Mario themes... would be nice but highly unlikely. That's what Wii Music is for!

WiiWare: March release in US, is this for real? GHIII DLC in April, really? Did I really miss out on that much news?

well you never know because dlc ninty songs would really help it,so i think theres a chance they wiill have those songs

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

It's unlikely that RB will make Nintendo songs as DLC. There are no vocals and no drums in many of the tracks by Nintendo.

GHIII is more likely. Not only is it perfect for guitar-only, GH has a history of doing it (Halo theme available for Xbox).

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

@ Lingyis

That's what I was saying. Those two bits of info were definetly news to me. I had no idea that Wiiware was launching in march. I heard 08, but never a month. And I am definetly wondering how they're going to do that.

Lingyis said:
I don't think there'll be Zelda or Mario themes... would be nice but highly unlikely. That's what Wii Music is for!

WiiWare: March release in US, is this for real? GHIII DLC in April, really? Did I really miss out on that much news?

WiiWare March launch is for Japan. I don't think a US date has ever been confirmed.

Though, Shiren the Wanderer 3 is coming out in Japan in...either February or March, and DLC was confirmed for that a few months ago.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

LOL!

I guess EA read my rant on the Gaming Board (or maybe not...)

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network
greenmedic88 said:
Doesn't change the fact that GH has sold about 15-16m copies. It's a fun GAME.

It is ironic though that if you can play a five star performance on the hardest level, you probably could have learned how to play the song on a real guitar in the same amount of time.

That complaint about GH and it's plastic guitars is pretty common, but the truth could be said about any shooter, sports game, etc.

You like FPS shooters? Join the Army. Become an infantryman, shoot with real weapons, and if you're (un)lucky, you'll be shooting at real people while being fired upon in a real combat zone. The irony here is a lot of soldiers still enjoy playing video games in their free time. No surprise, but military style shooters are pretty popular at the PX.

Like fighting games? Join a reputable martial arts studio. Get in shape. Learn a few things. Interact directly with people.

Exercise simulator? Neat. But you'd get better results with a real exercise regimen that includes weight training and solid cardio like running.

But the point of any of these games is not to substitute or ape reality. They are for entertainment. Anything they deliver beyond that is just a bonus.

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. I've been playing guitar for 13 years and can't play half the songs on Guitar Hero in real life without at least a months worth of practice (if at all). Keep in mind I HAVE PLAYED FOR 13 YEARS!!

To say that every drunken frat boy, or college student can pick up a guitar for the first time and play Metallica perfectly with only a month or two worth of work is bullshit. Keep your mouth shut, you insult the people who actually took the time to learn the instrument.

Nice, this is a great game and everybody deserves to play it.

100% Coritiba Foot Ball Club!

rasone77 said:
greenmedic88 said:
Doesn't change the fact that GH has sold about 15-16m copies. It's a fun GAME.

It is ironic though that if you can play a five star performance on the hardest level, you probably could have learned how to play the song on a real guitar in the same amount of time.

That complaint about GH and it's plastic guitars is pretty common, but the truth could be said about any shooter, sports game, etc.

You like FPS shooters? Join the Army. Become an infantryman, shoot with real weapons, and if you're (un)lucky, you'll be shooting at real people while being fired upon in a real combat zone. The irony here is a lot of soldiers still enjoy playing video games in their free time. No surprise, but military style shooters are pretty popular at the PX.

Like fighting games? Join a reputable martial arts studio. Get in shape. Learn a few things. Interact directly with people.

Exercise simulator? Neat. But you'd get better results with a real exercise regimen that includes weight training and solid cardio like running.

But the point of any of these games is not to substitute or ape reality. They are for entertainment. Anything they deliver beyond that is just a bonus.

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. I've been playing guitar for 13 years and can't play half the songs on Guitar Hero in real life without at least a months worth of practice (if at all). Keep in mind I HAVE PLAYED FOR 13 YEARS!!

To say that every drunken frat boy, or college student can pick up a guitar for the first time and play Metallica perfectly with only a month or two worth of work is bullshit. Keep your mouth shut, you insult the people who actually took the time to learn the instrument.

Yeah. I can play GH, but my fingers don't work right for real guitars. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs