By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It's official, Rockband's coming to Wii

fazz said:
RCTjunkie said:
horay? Sorry, but I'm not into those type of games. *dodges tomatoes*

Don't worry pal, I'm with you. Hell, I don't even like Guitar Hero.

Same here...It doesn't appeal to me :s;

Around the Network

^Wait a minute, you mean I'm not the only one who thinks it's kinda stupid to pretend rocking on a plastic guitar when you could take the same time learning real guitar lessons? I liken Guitar Hero to basic Air Guitar.

totalwar23 said:
^Wait a minute, you mean I'm not the only one who thinks it's kinda stupid to pretend rocking on a plastic guitar when you could take the same time learning real guitar lessons? I liken Guitar Hero to basic Air Guitar.

Do you like fighting games? Take Tae Kwon Do lessons. Do you like sports? Join a league. Do you like sword games? Take fencing classes. Anyone who owns a Wii, Wii Sports, Wii Fit, etc. and mocks playing a plastic guitar is a hypocrite.

It's all entertainment.

Anyway, you Wii owners don't know what you're missing. If you like Guitar Hero, you'll love Rock Band. It's Guitar Hero times ten and the party potential of the game is higher than any game I have ever seen, even more than Wii Sports.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

stop trolling habfan... everytime I see you post it is in some negative sort of way... face PS3 or 360 or whatever you are into will fall to the Wii

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Doesn't change the fact that GH has sold about 15-16m copies. It's a fun GAME.

It is ironic though that if you can play a five star performance on the hardest level, you probably could have learned how to play the song on a real guitar in the same amount of time.

That complaint about GH and it's plastic guitars is pretty common, but the truth could be said about any shooter, sports game, etc.

You like FPS shooters? Join the Army. Become an infantryman, shoot with real weapons, and if you're (un)lucky, you'll be shooting at real people while being fired upon in a real combat zone. The irony here is a lot of soldiers still enjoy playing video games in their free time. No surprise, but military style shooters are pretty popular at the PX.

Like fighting games? Join a reputable martial arts studio. Get in shape. Learn a few things. Interact directly with people.

Exercise simulator? Neat. But you'd get better results with a real exercise regimen that includes weight training and solid cardio like running.

But the point of any of these games is not to substitute or ape reality. They are for entertainment. Anything they deliver beyond that is just a bonus.

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
totalwar23 said:

Do you like fighting games? Take Tae Kwon Do lessons. Do you like sports? Join a league. Do you like sword games? Take fencing classes. Anyone who owns a Wii, Wii Sports, Wii Fit, etc. and mocks playing a plastic guitar is a hypocrite.

It's all entertainment.

Anyway, you Wii owners don't know what you're missing. If you like Guitar Hero, you'll love Rock Band. It's Guitar Hero times ten and the party potential of the game is higher than any game I have ever seen, even more than Wii Sports.

@Rocketpig:

jinx. no tag backs.  

I'm throwing up the horns.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Aj_habfan said:
Guess Wii owners can like this game now. Yes that's right, I went there.

Do your research. Sour grapes are for first party games with no change of coming to another system. When there is a chance they insiste the game should come over to their system.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

correct me if i'm wrong but wot the price of this be somewhere stupidly around the same price as a Wii?

and it's not coming out until 09, by that time Wii will have had another GH and I think EA's missed the boat on this one personally.

Man, how can you guys not like Guitar Hero? Your just not l33t experts like me.

When you've played Through the Fire and Flames by Dragonforce to a packed house on expert and been worshiped and applauded...

...well, no game has ever made me feel like that, since I beat Mike Tyson on Punchout in front of my room mates in College, on the real cartridge, not a rom.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.