By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It's official, Rockband's coming to Wii

Sqrl said:
Aj_habfan said:
Guess Wii owners can like this game now. Yes that's right, I went there.

Nice flamebaiting troll.  Take it somewhere else.

@topic, 

It was only a matter of time until it was announced.  I am interested to see how they work out the DLC issues but with or without them the game will do well on the Wii. 

Saying it gets released within that window and by end of July it's out in all regions (very ambitious I know but), what do you reckon it'll sell in 08?I personally think it'll be around 400K although I want it to be a million seller.

Off Topic - even though EA get a lot of stick, I like EA's approach for the Wii as so far they've gave us original Sims games as well as a new remodelled MySims interface, 32 player online with the best FPS controls to date (apparantly - I live in europe so i'll find out one day), Smartypants (although not my type of game it is for 400K and still counting) and playable Tiger Woods and this year I reckon we'll get the real Wii Tiger Woods game.

Around the Network

RB might actually be able to get away with the lack of DLC on the Wii if they go that route. There really isn't any precident on the Wii for DLC game upgrades/additions, so the only people who would feel as though something is missing are the people who've already played it on the 360 or PS3.

Assuming they have a PS3 or 360, I'm pretty hard pressed to come up with a reason why they'd buy this game for the Wii even just considering the delay.

Haven't played GHIII for the Wii, but the lack of GH songs on the Nintendo store means still no standard model for doing this on RB either. Maybe it's in the works, but I'm not counting on it.

yay good news

Perhaps then I can practice my drumming at home!

(Is tired of being the weak link in the band because I can't do every song on hard)

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

by the times it's released i imagine they'll include every song thats been released as DLC for other versions onto the Wii so that wont be too bad.

I get a feeling as they've always said their waiting for DLC to release it they may have been promised a DLC service through the WiiWare channel or something. They'll be a lot of changes for the Wii in 08 (channel and service wise) and this game may just be the first to have DLC - who knows?

Around the Network

This is great news! Rock band was one of the few games that had me eying a PS3, but now I'm definitely going to hold off and just wait for the Wii version. I knew it was coming eventually ("it prints money" etc.) but I'm a little surprised it's in a few months without any other announcements.

Oh, and for the record?  I play the real guitar as well, and Rockband/Guitar Hero are simply fun diversions that I can play with my friends.  Not everyone wants to jam or play in a real band. :p Sure, get a real guitar, it's extremely fulfulling to learn songs and become an accomplished musician.  But sometimes, it's also fun to stage dive off your couch while you rock. :)

well this is good but im not sure if i will buy it because of its price

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Aj_habfan said:
Guess Wii owners can like this game now. Yes that's right, I went there.

I already like the game, but I don't ever have to like the POS that is the Fender guitar.  :P

rocketpig said:
totalwar23 said:
^Wait a minute, you mean I'm not the only one who thinks it's kinda stupid to pretend rocking on a plastic guitar when you could take the same time learning real guitar lessons? I liken Guitar Hero to basic Air Guitar.

Do you like fighting games? Take Tae Kwon Do lessons. Do you like sports? Join a league. Do you like sword games? Take fencing classes. Anyone who owns a Wii, Wii Sports, Wii Fit, etc. and mocks playing a plastic guitar is a hypocrite.

It's all entertainment.

Anyway, you Wii owners don't know what you're missing. If you like Guitar Hero, you'll love Rock Band. It's Guitar Hero times ten and the party potential of the game is higher than any game I have ever seen, even more than Wii Sports.

I don't care if that post applied to no one in this thread but your post made me stand up and clap.  Awesome post.  You made my morning rocketpig!!!

O yea, good news for wii owners =O. 

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

COOL!!! couldn't be better!!! :)

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!