By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It's official, Rockband's coming to Wii

Me said:
correct me if i'm wrong but wot the price of this be somewhere stupidly around the same price as a Wii?

and it's not coming out until 09, by that time Wii will have had another GH and I think EA's missed the boat on this one personally.

FishyJoe:
"Rock Band Wii Q1 2009 (April-June 2008)"

Q1 2009 is referring to the fiscal year, which, as is mentioned in the quote, is actually April-June 2008 (ie. Q2 2008)

Around the Network

Bash all you want, but those games don't appeal to ME. I've tried both, & disliked both. I appreciate the concept & the fact that it got my friends to try instruments, but I just don't like it. Everyone has at least 1 game that seems like everyone likes but you, right? Or a game with virtually no flaws, but it doesn't appeal to you, right?
*Sorry I said right & appeal a lot

rocketpig said:
totalwar23 said:
^Wait a minute, you mean I'm not the only one who thinks it's kinda stupid to pretend rocking on a plastic guitar when you could take the same time learning real guitar lessons? I liken Guitar Hero to basic Air Guitar.

Do you like fighting games? (Not Really) Take Tae Kwon Do lessons. Do you like sports? (No)  Join a league. Do you like sword games? (Can't remember if I've ever played a sword game) Take fencing classes. Anyone who owns a Wii, Wii Sports, Wii Fit, etc. and mocks playing a plastic guitar is a hypocrite.

It's all entertainment.

Anyway, you Wii owners don't know what you're missing. If you like Guitar Hero, you'll love Rock Band. It's Guitar Hero times ten and the party potential of the game is higher than any game I have ever seen, even more than Wii Sports.

Well, in short, I have a much different tastes in games (It's mainly RTS). But I apologize if I roiled you or something. I simply don't see the appeal in Guitar Hero. That is all.

I couldn't care less if you love or hate Guitar Hero but the argument that people should learn real guitar instead is folly.

We play games to be entertained, no matter what the subject matter or game format may be.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

tabsina said:
Me said:
correct me if i'm wrong but wot the price of this be somewhere stupidly around the same price as a Wii?

and it's not coming out until 09, by that time Wii will have had another GH and I think EA's missed the boat on this one personally.

FishyJoe:
"Rock Band Wii Q1 2009 (April-June 2008)"

Q1 2009 is referring to the fiscal year, which, as is mentioned in the quote, is actually April-June 2008 (ie. Q2 2008)

Ooooh (hangs head in shame), guess I should have read it a 2nd time - still think the price point will be an issue.  I just feel that most people who care enough to want this game will have it on another platform yet, not saying there wont be some exceptions in the Wii owners but enough to warrant a Wii release...

Time will tell but I have a bad feeling about this one

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
I couldn't care less if you love or hate Guitar Hero but the argument that people should learn real guitar instead is folly.

We play games to be entertained, no matter what the subject matter or game format may be.

What? When did I make that argument? I meant the reason as to why I'm not interested in Guitar Hero (I neither hate it or like it) and won't be buying it is that I could take the money, buy myself an actual guitar and learn how to play. That's why Guitar Hero isn't so entertaining to me. I don't care how other people entertain themselves, whether I think it's stupid or not.

Ah, I completely misunderstood you then. My mistake.

*wanders off, whistling*

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I might get rock band if its around 150 for Wii.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Aj_habfan said:
Guess Wii owners can like this game now. Yes that's right, I went there.

Nice flamebaiting troll.  Take it somewhere else.

@topic, 

It was only a matter of time until it was announced.  I am interested to see how they work out the DLC issues but with or without them the game will do well on the Wii. 

To Each Man, Responsibility

i thought price point would be an issue for any system... but proven false. apparently it's just outright fun.

i doubt it'll have DLC. which is too bad.

the Wii is an epidemic.