By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which will have better graphics: Drive Club or Forza 5? - OP UPDATED with recent media

Which will have better graphics?

DriveClub (PS4) 470 56.02%

Forza 5 (X1) 225 26.82%

They will look identical 48 5.72%

See results 96 11.44%

Total:839

Walsufnir I think you need to go back and watch the ign video. It is in fact massive. And no. Forza fanboys think it looks better. Not the entire internet. And those people are going to be eating crow before long.

Around the Network
Mmmfishtacos said:
Walsufnir I think you need to go back and watch the ign video. It is in fact massive. And no. Forza fanboys think it looks better. Not the entire internet. And those people are going to be eating crow before long.

Please.....go to a tech analysis site. They shit all over Drive Club

Mmmfishtacos said:

I already said I won't argue your opinion and we should leave it at that. Perhaps, to widen your horizon, look what other people are discussing: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=628511&highlight=driveclub

This is not my opinion in any way and you don't have to reply to this post, just read some posts in this thread.

teigaga said:
walsufnir said:
Putin said:

Isn't Turn 10 have like 400 people in team that make Forza games?

I bet Evolution have like 80-90. And Motorstorm games wasn't graphical monsters and clearly loose in that department to GT5. So, why we need to compare that? More powerful hardware won't fix lack of man-power.

There is no direct correlation between graphics and team-size. Do you know of the demoscene? Then you know what small teams can produce.

Theres definitely a correlation.

Essentially Forza having 4x the team is the same as having 4x the man hours. More man hours = more optimising which is crutial for consoles which aren't exactly bleeding edge. You might as well be saying that if you give the Driveclub team an extra 4 years, the game wouldn't look any better than it does now.

Bigger teams are also said to fail more often because it's harder to control all the smaller parts to something big and effective. Everyone who has ever worked as a coder can assure you this. Your example is also wrong because in 4 years engines evolve, rendering techniques evolve, drivers evolve, devtools evolve. Given your opinion would mean that a team with unlimited "ressources" (money, people) would eventually create the one perfect game which of course is not true.

Aren't we talking about visual performance here? No need to bring up "perfect game" thing. It's irrelevant.
Much more people, can, and will create better visuals in the same time period. Will it work in the end as a whole game, is different story. But you not talking about game itself(in which Forza 5 looks average, especialy physics). Only Graphics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52-N5icyp6g
And in that video Drive Club looks verry solid. Good asphalt texture, great lightning, incar view is great. To bad video is offscreen and taken by phone. And it's pre-alpha.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
walsufnir said:
Mmmfishtacos said:

I already said I won't argue your opinion and we should leave it at that. Perhaps, to widen your horizon, look what other people are discussing: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=628511&highlight=driveclub

This is not my opinion in any way and you don't have to reply to this post, just read some posts in this thread.

yes that troll that trashed sony and evolution studios when he got banned was funny. What a pathetic troll and hater he was.

Theres a few troll  in that thread that got called out on it. there a tweet from evo that confirmed the trailer was all in game. But of course evyone want to ingnore that.

Keep them excuses coming people.

That day/evening change in that video is awesome looking. Hope for full 24hour change.

pezus said:
Nsanity said:
Keep them excuses coming people.

If you have nothing to add, stay out of the thread. Flamebait like this will not be tolerated.

How so? People were under the assumpotion that the PS4's higer spec's was more than enough to give Drive Club the graphical, technical edge it needs over Forza but they are now resorting to Turn 10 having more more experiance or bigger team.

Probably Forza. It's got the bigger budget with a very experienced team. Not to mention Forza is a sim racer while Drive Club is supposed to be more arcade.