By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One is the Greatest Entertaintment Device Ever Concieved. Microsoft have Outdone Themselves.

nightsurge said:
Scoobes said:

The inside of the Xbone shows multiple DDR3 RAM chips. I counted 16 in fact.

Where did you see an inside view of it? I have been on honeymoon with terrible hotel internet so I did not watch the video about the architecture of Xbox One (if that is where that was shown).

Check out Wired's site for some good stuff about it.

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2013/05/xbox-one-development-photos/

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network
smbu2000 said:
nightsurge said:
Scoobes said:

The inside of the Xbone shows multiple DDR3 RAM chips. I counted 16 in fact.

Where did you see an inside view of it? I have been on honeymoon with terrible hotel internet so I did not watch the video about the architecture of Xbox One (if that is where that was shown).

Check out Wired's site for some good stuff about it.

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2013/05/xbox-one-development-photos/

That's some cool stuff, thanks for that! I suppose I was thinking of traditional desktop RAM, not motherboard chips. I'm sure they had their resons for using 16 smaller chips instead of 1-2 big ones. Latency or space/motherboard arrangement perhaps.

So I guess the PS4's GDDR5 won't be a source for much larger console then after all, unless GDDR5 chips are larger in general. Really, the Xbox One is only 10% larger than the 360 which will be hardly noticeable at all. I think it is just the design of it that makes it look larger than it is. Hopefully we will see the PS4 design soon!

Attoyou said:
I don't know about it being the greatest. But the hate it has been getting is way overdone.

The cloud has some crazy potential if it turns out as MS intends. XboxOne games would eventually look a gen ahead of PS4 games.

Because Sony definitley wouldnt use their own cloud service to match or "look a gen ahead" of the xbox one.... lol.  So much damage control on these boards its pitiful, how about everybody just wait for E3 and see what games Microsoft is bringing to the table before jumping to any conclusions, and that means everyone on both sides of the fence.  To be honest, i'm more interested in what Microsoft believes will keep the 360 relevant for several more years, but I still hope that Microsoft delivers what core gamers truly want.  I fully plan on investing in every next-gen system I just need to know my money will not be wasted, because as it stands, it would be.  

PROUD MEMBER OF THE  PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

qmoney88 said:
Attoyou said:
I don't know about it being the greatest. But the hate it has been getting is way overdone.

The cloud has some crazy potential if it turns out as MS intends. XboxOne games would eventually look a gen ahead of PS4 games.

Because Sony definitley wouldnt use their own cloud service to match or "look a gen ahead" of the xbox one.... lol.  So much damage control on these boards its pitiful, how about everybody just wait for E3 and see what games Microsoft is bringing to the table before jumping to any conclusions, and that means everyone on both sides of the fence.  To be honest, i'm more interested in what Microsoft believes will keep the 360 relevant for several more years, but I still hope that Microsoft delivers what core gamers truly want.  I fully plan on investing in every next-gen system I just need to know my money will not be wasted, because as it stands, it would be.  

Sony's cloud service is lightyears behind, I'm afraid. And Gaikai is a streaming game service, not a cloud computing system. Even if it were mutlipurposed like that, Gaikai never even made it out of beta stage before Sony bought it and will have a long time to flesh things out, build upon it, etc before it could become a stable cloud environment for millions of online gamers. MS's cloud system is the second largest in the world and has the greatest performance in the world. This will be greatly improved as we approach the new generation and keep going forward. These are things that simple gaming forum goers don't understand. They simply think, "If MS can do it, so can Sony!" which is not true.

The rest of your statements I have no issue with/agree with.

nightsurge said:
qmoney88 said:
Attoyou said:

Sony's cloud service is lightyears behind, I'm afraid. And Gaikai is a streaming game service, not a cloud computing system. Even if it were mutlipurposed like that, Gaikai never even made it out of beta stage before Sony bought it and will have a long time to flesh things out, build upon it, etc before it could become a stable cloud environment for millions of online gamers. MS's cloud system is the second largest in the world and has the greatest performance in the world. This will be greatly improved as we approach the new generation and keep going forward. These are things that simple gaming forum goers don't understand. They simply think, "If MS can do it, so can Sony!" which is not true.

The rest of your statements I have no issue with/agree with.

You make some great points, but to be fair, nobody really knows much about what Sony's plans are with gaikai outside game streaming and the possiblity of backwards compatibility.  For all we know, they could've been bolstering the service to prepare for some of the features that Microsoft announced.  Chances are you are right, but dont rule out the possibility of Sony following suit, as they have done throughout this generation and will more than likely continue doing into the next.  I'm almost positive they didnt shell out 350 mil for a service to simply allow faster downloads and automatic gameplay, but i'm sure E3 will shed some more light on their plans with their service.  I do respect your response though.

Around the Network
qmoney88 said:
Attoyou said:

Sony could be years behind or not give a shit. OF course if they can they will match it, Common sense. 

I don't do damage control. 

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Just pre-ordered (3) of them!

THANKS OP!

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Attoyou said:
qmoney88 said:
Attoyou said:

Sony could be years behind or not give a shit. OF course if they can, they will match it, Common sense. 

Im not sure what this response accomplishes other than the fact that you acknowledge my existence by quoting my post.  Thank you.

qmoney88 said:
Attoyou said:
qmoney88 said:
Attoyou said:

Sony could be years behind or not give a shit. OF course if they can, they will match it, Common sense. 

Im not sure what this response accomplishes other than the fact that you acknowledge my existence by quoting my post.  Thank you.

Not many people acknowledging your existence these days huh? Not hard to see why. But still, you're very welcome. 

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Attoyou said:
qmoney88 said:
Attoyou said:
qmoney88 said:
Attoyou said:

Not many people acknowledging your existence these days huh? Not hard to see why. But still, you're very welcome. 

Quite the contrary, I just refuse to have an actual conversation with someone who responds with pointless bullshit that does nothing to further a meaningful discussion which is the reason I post on these forums to begin with.  I am not quite sure why your second response was even close to necessary as I have done nothing to degrade you as a person.  I am also pretty sure that my respones to your pointless response was not an attack on you in any way, yet you simply couldn't refuse the opportunity to knock me down a peg while making yourself look like a complete tool.  Congratulations.