By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One is the Greatest Entertaintment Device Ever Concieved. Microsoft have Outdone Themselves.

HappyHenry said:
i do find ps4 fans funny when they say they just want a games machine and dont care about apps etc .when netflix is used more on ps3 than on 360

And what does tell you ps4 fans are representative of the ps3 community on netflix ?

Around the Network
Podings said:
The Xbox One does seem to be a pretty cool machine.

Though I'm skeptical of it's potential.

By the time it comes out, everything it does will already be offered as good or better through technology already built directly into your TV, or available in every single other box.

Perhaps its power will be neatly incorporating all of it.

I for one will not be bringing a box as big as the Xbox One into my living room just for this privilege, not unless they really do show me the games. And they better be something to behold.

That's exactly the point. Sure if you used multiple devices, multiplr tv inputs, multiple products/software you could replicate all the base functions of the Xbox One. But the Xbox One seemlessly integrates all those feautures into one machine without requiring any switching or delays in entertainment.

Oh and the PS4 could very well be even larger than the Xbox One. To get 8gb of gddr5 requires 16 chips at 512mb a piece. The Xbox One would require only one or 2 chips to reach 8gb of ddr3.

The rumored extra hardware in the PS4 could drastically increase the motherboard, cooling, and case size.

yep,you make some good points,it certainly has potential to me,one never knows how things work until you use them,microsoft are not a bunch of morons deciding things on forums,games are a given surely

Above & Beyond

The look and feel of it is pretty cool. I would'nt say the greatest entertainment device ever,but we'll see.

Where are your excellent points from earlier threads?

- It's black!

- 5 billion transistors!!!!

- No more jokes about Xbox not having Blu-Ray!

- It's still black!!!

- I love Microsoft!

Around the Network
nightsurge said:
Podings said:
The Xbox One does seem to be a pretty cool machine.

Though I'm skeptical of it's potential.

By the time it comes out, everything it does will already be offered as good or better through technology already built directly into your TV, or available in every single other box.

Perhaps its power will be neatly incorporating all of it.

I for one will not be bringing a box as big as the Xbox One into my living room just for this privilege, not unless they really do show me the games. And they better be something to behold.

That's exactly the point. Sure if you used multiple devices, multiplr tv inputs, multiple products/software you could replicate all the base functions of the Xbox One. But the Xbox One seemlessly integrates all those feautures into one machine without requiring any switching or delays in entertainment.

Oh and the PS4 could very well be even larger than the Xbox One. To get 8gb of gddr5 requires 16 chips at 512mb a piece. The Xbox One would require only one or 2 chips to reach 8gb of ddr3.

The rumored extra hardware in the PS4 could drastically increase the motherboard, cooling, and case size.

The inside of the Xbone shows multiple DDR3 RAM chips. I counted 16 in fact.

Seriously, OP. How much are you beeing paid to say this? You cant possibly be doing this and fork out 400-500 dollars and get big brother watching and buying a copy of every game for each member of the family. Amazing!

yo_john117 said:
I could have sworn that you already made this thread.

Ahah yah I was thinkinh the same too :)

Anyway, I agree with you, the Xbox One in a hell of device... I like what Microsoft is doing, it is still a new generation console but they are adding a lot of potential to it. I cannot wait for E3 where they will show the games too.

Scoobes said:

The inside of the Xbone shows multiple DDR3 RAM chips. I counted 16 in fact.

Where did you see an inside view of it? I have been on honeymoon with terrible hotel internet so I did not watch the video about the architecture of Xbox One (if that is where that was shown).

Cobretti2 said:
So the xbox one will end up like Wii. Bought by many but not enough gamers to buy lots of games. The reason I say that is because even some of the most loyal xbox fans since xbox 1 come out are disappointed.

The Xbox 1 hasn't been released yet. Is this some sort of time paradox or something? What's going on? Does that mean that more people will become fans once the xbox 1 releases?

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"