By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Crysis goes Platinum (Million Seller)

Is that one million number the amount shipped to stores or sold to consumers?

Around the Network
ChronotriggerJM said:
NO SHUSH UP ALL OF YOU, PC GAEMING IS TEH DAED, LOOK AT ATTACH RATIOS xD

The only reason Im not pc gaming this year is because I can't afford a pc right now. If I could I would sell all my consoles and buy a good enough pc. I always loved pc gaming more than console gaming and It isn't dead. If it was there wouldn't be any games for pcs. Just because something isn't popular doesn't mean it is dead. Also If i were you I would go check my spelling. "E" should come before "A" in most of your words. I think that is just stupid to change the words like that purposely whats the point. 

Yeah, this did much better than I thought. PC gaming isn't completely dead I suppose (at least not worldwide).

Is this 1 million including online sales too? If not its even higher than that. I will be picking this game up at some point, and I always buy PC games retail just cause I like having a physical copy of the game and I also like trying to make PC game sales look better statistically since online sales don't add to that.

PC Gamer

Question:

Would I be able to play this game if my PC's GPU is Geforce 7900GS, CPU is Intel Core 2 Duo E6550, and 2GB DDR2 RAM?

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

Around the Network

^ofcourse you will be able to play it .. but don't even think about activating the high quality mode

PDF said:
over half the people I play strategy games with online are not from USA.

PC not dead it is just living in other countries.

Wow then you still find a lot of US players.

Seriously PC gaming isn't that big in the US where it is in Europe and with the millions of Starcraft players in Asia means it's still big there too.  You can see it in the shops too. It's harder to find PC games in the US then in Europe.

Then again people shouldn't even compare the two platforms (PC vs Console) both have their strong points and both their weaknesses.

Seriously consoles and FPS is still rubbish compared to the easy of use of a keyboard and mouse (reason why you can't play multiplayer UT3 games crossplatform. The pace on the PC version is higher). Same goes for RTS, simulation and MMO for all the keybinding or unit selection in RTS.

Consoles are great for quick games, parties, sports, racing, platformers and fighting to name a few.

Developers just should embrace the strong points of each platform, but now you see it more and more to port good PC games to the console like Orange Box for instance... although it's playable you wouldn't see a PC FPS player touch it on a console same goes for instance to name a title Ratchet and Clank... Defenitly not a title I would buy on the PC. 

Predictions
I will win the internetz

"ofcourse you will be able to play it .. but don't even think about activating the high quality mode "

I'm fine if it's Medium setting, IF my PC can handle it. But I'm more worried that the FPS will be low, and that the anti-virus and firewall running in the background may hinder the performance quite significantly.

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

does platimun mean 1 million or 550k cause i always thought it might mean 500k

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

When weighed against sheer number of PC's, the sales are abyssmal. But it's really rather good for a PC shooter, especially one that caters to such a niche audience (i.e; those who have 3000-5000$ and up worth of rig...).
I don't think they'll make the same approcah with Far Cry 2, however, and Crytek themselves have stated that they aim to make that title "Readily available to most home computers" whatever that means.
I mean, Crysis would've been available for my old rig as well, despite having to be run 320X240 with software rendering and 8 bit particles...