By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Crysis goes Platinum (Million Seller)

ssj12 said:
like I said the EU/Asia is where PC gaming breeds.

EU sure but isn't Asia pirate's heaven? 

BTW I have an OEM Copy of Crysis that came with my video card but havn't played it yet.  Another FPS (yawn)

crappy old school NES games are more entertaining than next-gen games.

Around the Network
totalwar23 said:
^I wouldn't rub it in that much. EA's total PC revenue is down 30%. BTW, can anyone get results for Unreal Tournament III? I am most interested in that game's performance.

If you had checked EA's report, you'd notice that they only released 4 PC titles on Q3, while they released 9 in last's year Q3, no wonder it fell down. If anything, they gotta be glad for not falling so hard, since they had a 56% drop on PC titles released (9 -> 5)

REVENUE (PC)
Q3 FY07: 218
Q3 FY08: 148
Change: -32%

RELEASES (PC)
Q3 FY07: 9
Q3 FY08: 4
Change: -56%

Titles released Q3 FY08 (PC)
    -- NBA LIVE 08
    -- Need For Speed ProStreet
    -- SimCity(TM) Societies  
    -- The Sims(TM) 2 Teen Style Stuff  

And all other platforms (except PS2 and 360) had worse revenue than PC's, with more titles released on Q3 FY08.

http://investor.ea.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=88189&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1102936&highlight= 

^ main reason why sales dropped is becasue SimCity sucked this time around.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

good to hear it

and hey, thanks for posting all this info regarding the PC market, it will be very useful in another forum (where someone says overall PC market is declining because of the NPD info about UT3 and the COD4 devs crying).

if any of you also have anything else regarding euro market > US market, it'd be great too =P

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

NO SHUSH UP ALL OF YOU, PC GAEMING IS TEH DAED, LOOK AT ATTACH RATIOS xD

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network

Revenue
Q3 07 Q4   Q1 Q2   Q3 08
218    128  96 116  153

Releases
Q3 Q4 Q1 Q2 Q3
9   6    5    7   4

International Releases Q308

-- Crysis(R) PC
-- Crysis(R) Collector's Edition PC
-- EA SPORTS(TM) Gameshow PC
-- FIFA Manager 08 PC
-- Half-Life 2: Orange Box PC
-- Hellgate(TM): London PC
-- Hellgate(TM): London Collector's
Edition PC
-- Rail Simulator(R) PC

In any case, EA still had a bad quarter for Q3 08 (PC wise) while they have record revenue overall (even though they are incurring loses) Are they slowly withdrawing from US PCs or something?

^^ Only FIFA Manager 08 belongs to EA (EA sports Gameshow is a non-factor), the rest is owned by independent companies.

The only way we can really see the difference between Q3 FY08 and Q3 FY07 is if were able to check what EA games (and published games) were released last fiscal year's Q3. Or else we'd just keep half-shooting in the dark.

So EA is a reliable source on the sales of their own game?

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

How is the game online? I haven't considered buying it yet because of TF2 as well as the somewhat-ridiculous hardware requirements (my poor 3800x2 can't keep up), but I am a bit curious.

salaminizer said:

good to hear it

and hey, thanks for posting all this info regarding the PC market, it will be very useful in another forum (where someone says overall PC market is declining because of the NPD info about UT3 and the COD4 devs crying).

if any of you also have anything else regarding euro market > US market, it'd be great too =P

What also amuses me is that after the COD4 devs were going on about how many pirated copies their were (hence bad sales), Crysis is still within the top 100 torrents on a certain massive tracker and is the only PC game in the top 100.

I'd really like to see some study done on how much damage MMO's have done to PC gaming sales. 10 Million active WoW players, who are less likely to purchase games due to monthly spendings on WoW, would in my opinion, really be putting a dent in other game sales.