By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What if Nintendo does the same thing with Used games?

Nintendo is not prepared for an always online environment.

Around the Network

Nintendo is not evil, core gamers who don't agree to that bullshit should give them their money as a sign of protest, I know I will

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

On a more serious note..

IF..they did, then I would do one of the most painful choices I would've ever done.........................quit gaming (as in stop playing the newest games). I would still be retro-gaming; just to remind me how great gaming was in the past. Plus I would still play the only game I play on PC. & That would be WarCraft III the frozen throne online. Though AT&T would've probably dropped the servers. Even so, other dedicated WC3 gamers/hackers would've started their own servers to keep playing battle.net.

Well not does Nintendo not have online good enough to do this,

And it goes against their marketing tactics of using local multiplayer to get sales. Requiring pop Smash in, play, take back home, friend likes and buys. I'm also pretty sure some kids don't know how to make accounts, else we'd be seeing a lot more on Club Nintendo.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Busted said:
I would build a decent PC.

PC's are already doing what most of the people on this site are complaining about anyway.... The reason why Steam is so good is because all of the games on it are bought new! There are no second hand games!! Not to mention, it's all digital only so the games are cheaper too... This will happen with consoles too if people let it. Half of the people here talk about even quitting gaming... Right.... That's why you're spending your time on a gaming website instead...

From a second hand game sale, the original people that made the game get a cut of the sale. This would strengthen the industry, not weaken it. It seems some of you are exaggerating because it's MS, whether you even know it or not.

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
Busted said:

PC's are already doing what most of the people on this site are complaining about anyway.... The reason why Steam is so good is because all of the games on it are bought new! There are no second hand games!! Not to mention, it's all digital only so the games are cheaper too... This will happen with consoles too if people let it. Half of the people here talk about even quitting gaming... Right.... That's why you're spending your time on a gaming website instead...

From a second hand game sale, the original people that made the game get a cut of the sale. This would strengthen the industry, not weaken it. It seems some of you are exaggerating because it's MS, whether you even know it or not.

''Half of the people here talk about even quitting gaming... Right.... That's why you're spending your time on a gaming website instead...'' haha, i give you that one, nonsense xD

Fisrt, i know that's what you guys are used to but i don't care about the logo on my console, i go where the games i like go, yes i do not plan to buy a Xb1 but for me there are more reasons than used games behind that. If it would strengthen the industry...? is debatable, they found a way to make more money and i'm not sure is intended to re-invest. And last, if i would ''change'' to PC would be only because of the... i wouldn't even have a choice, i would just be almost forced to pick the -less worse- option, just thinking of it makes me sad, i don't want to get to that point... my desktop pc is mid tier and i don't even think about playing here, i only have some free mmo's that are of course exclusive to pc (see go where games go) and Saints Row 3 and Borderlands 1, like i said would be the less worse option, i just don't want to be conditioned about what can i do with a product after i PURCHASED it, i PAID MONEY for it, it's MINE i should be able to do whatever i wanted with it but that's just the tip of the iceberg, if it has to be like this then so be it but meanwhile i will say that i do not agree (again, not only used games...) and stop supporting is my way of saying it, i've already made my desition to get a Wii U and i was wating for MS to reveal what they had and decide betwen xbox and ps4, now i'm planning to buy a PS4 and if sony announces something like this then i wont do it, it's just that simple, i won't support something i don't agree with.

For the record, I hate Steam. :)

Busted said:
ironmanDX said:
Busted said:

''Half of the people here talk about even quitting gaming... Right.... That's why you're spending your time on a gaming website instead...'' haha, i give you that one, nonsense xD

Fisrt, i know that's what you guys are used to but i don't care about the logo on my console, i go where the games i like go, yes i do not plan to buy a Xb1 but for me there are more reasons than used games behind that. If it would strengthen the industry...? is debatable, they found a way to make more money and i'm not sure is intended to re-invest. And last, if i would ''change'' to PC would be only because of the... i wouldn't even have a choice, i would just be almost forced to pick the -less worse- option, just thinking of it makes me sad, i don't want to get to that point... my desktop pc is mid tier and i don't even think about playing here, i only have some free mmo's that are of course exclusive to pc (see go where games go) and Saints Row 3 and Borderlands 1, like i said would be the less worse option, i just don't want to be conditioned about what can i do with a product after i PURCHASED it, i PAID MONEY for it, it's MINE i should be able to do whatever i wanted with it but that's just the tip of the iceberg, if it has to be like this then so be it but meanwhile i will say that i do not agree (again, not only used games...) and stop supporting is my way of saying it, i've already made my desition to get a Wii U and i was wating for MS to reveal what they had and decide betwen xbox and ps4, now i'm planning to buy a PS4 and if sony announces something like this then i wont do it, it's just that simple, i won't support something i don't agree with.

For the record, I hate Steam. :)

You raise some good points. You should be able to do whatever the hell you want with whatever you bought after you bought it.. I could have worded that better but moving on.. The strengthening the market thing? I think more money going back to the devs is a great move. I just wish it was more than the purposed 45%. MS will also, as I think you already know, get 45% while the retailer, for arguments sake, GameStop only get 10%? That I do not like. MS should be getting the %10 for being the "middle man" in this. A small slice to pay for the service even? That seems fair, or fairer then the current deal.

Have you tried Steam? It's actually pretty good. I say that as someone who rarely uses it because of hardware issues.

We all know the aswer to that, unless you been under a rock.

jlrx said:
Otakumegane said:
The strange thing is that I don't think Nintendo has such a big problem with used games.

Cause they don't do price protection and all, all those used games are like at most $5
off.

I wonder if Mario games and the like are collectathons to subliminally brainwash people to collect and not resell.

Maybe, but did they not just claim the ad money from youtube videos of their games? Things to think about.

On that I have to agree with them.  If you read a book that you did not write and put it on you tube, you can't make money off of it with out purchasing rights from the copyright holder.  If you perform a copyrighted play, you have to pay the copyright holder.  So why should you be able to post the entire game online and expect to make money just because you add inane voice overs.  Nintendo did not prevent them from posting, just making money off of it.  Seems completely legit to me, and not in any way consumer hostile.  If they started sending out cease and decist orders or take down requests... that would have been hostile, legally justifiable, but not in thier best intrests.

jlrx said:

Let's say Hypotehtically Nintendo goes the same route as MS, and lets say Sony is as well (No confirmation yet), lets say they are the last to do it, because the others have done it.

If it meant more 3rd party support for them, would you be ok with that? I feel once this pandora's box has been opened, it is too late to change it. Having already gone 100% digital with my MASTER RACE PC, I could see myself continuing to support Nintendo if they followed suit under those conditions. So long as they better merge their online purchases (Wii U upstairs and downstairs under our "Family" account has access to the games we purchased, or whatever scenario you could envision).

I don't think they will. Most Nintendo gamers tend to be actual game collectors, and not just trade shit in after they beat it.