By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What if Nintendo does the same thing with Used games?

Don't buy used games anyway, this wouldn't affect me.

Around the Network
TomaTito said:

Guess we are talking about the 9th generation, since this one has already started for them and they haven't implemented anything like that.

You do understand with these systems, it is simply a matter of patching in or not, it is completely possible for this to be added on to any console that receives online updates and changes. In the same way, if it fails it could be patched out, anything can be both done and undone, almost.

TripleMMM said:

I might stop playing all together...

And about The Nintendo vs. Let's Players, I'm surprised no-one made a thread about this. I always wonder when Nintendo and other companies would start going after them (blimey, Sega made it clear this would happen, but they went on full over the top force). But that's the thing, they only go after Let's Players, mostly the ones that basically showing the games from starting to end with little to no such editing... You can't expect to make money off of that forever, can you??? The thing is Nintendo is not even taking off the videos! When other companies out-right did so!!! O.o
The ones that do more than just editing and commentaries, yes, I can see we are stepping the gray area. Now people like Gaijin Goombah should be in the clear, they actually do alot more than just show, they don't even show the whole game for Pete's sake. They're more for educational purposes. So Nintendo, don't you dare take their money, I can see that's fair use/derivative work!

And what's so fishy about this, is that not just Nintendo is doing this but others gaming companies are going after them as well, it's just the Nintendo Let's Players are the ones that are vocal about, I didn't see any other fans from other companies crying about it! If you have, then by all means, show them to me!

The issue there was that they were making money off them. I doubt Nintendo would give a damn if the LPers weren't collecting ad revenue.

Sega's was the bad response, there, to have them taken down altogether.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

If Iwata steps down and new guy comes up and say, "sod off, philosophy, that's Nintendo of the old and we need to for the future all the way!" I can see this happening and it's a slim chance, but it's a chance! -_-'

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

They will do the same thing once they go digital only. I doubt I'll even care all that much by that point.

Around the Network

They didnt and its doubtful they ever will. Nintendo wants you family to get together and play the same game.

They dont want to charge the game for each one of your family members like Microsoft wants.

I would be extremely pissed. I love Nintendo but this is something I will not accept. I don't think even a new Zelda would change my mind. 

PC would be my only gaming device from now on.

Nintendo and PC gamer

I bet my left testicle they will never do that

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

i'd be pissed off but something tells me nintendo is not that stupid. Besides nintendo are so behind on online it would be a while before we see this shit from them

Roma said:
I bet my left testicle they will never do that

What about the right one though oO